Question

Reporting for Event Attendance?

• 29 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We’ve got a course that has 21 events associated with a single session. As far as I can see, there is no way to report on or view attendance for the session by event. 

Example: We’ve got an employee who isn’t marked complete for the session. We need to find out which event(s) he missed. I had to go through 21 sessions to check every one and find the one event he missed (event #20). Imagine doing that for 75 attendees!!

Anyone else have this issue? Any workarounds?

TIA!

Jennifer

4 replies

Userlevel 3

@JGildea I have had that issue. I have a session with about 100 events, but the employee only needs to attend 6 to be marked complete. Not sure if this is easier, but for single cases, I have logged in as the user, accessed the course and can see all of the events they were marked as attending. It shows a check mark next to the events attended. 

If you don't need to know the exact event not attended, you can go to the Reports tab in the course. Then search for the user. It will give you the number of hours attended. 

I will be interested if someone has an easier way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JGildea agree with you...there is a gap in the Session reports where the Attendance time is shown but not the actual attendance status (Present, Absent, Not Set). This needs to be added to the report.

I created a new idea if you can vote it up. Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Upvoted! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@JGildea agree with you...there is a gap in the Session reports where the Attendance time is shown but not the actual attendance status (Present, Absent, Not Set). This needs to be added to the report.

I created a new idea if you can vote it up. Thank you.

Thanks for putting the idea together, definitely upvoted!