Seeking Feedback: Share Badges on Social media

• 3 September 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello 

with august release admins can now make badges sharable on LinkedIn by learners.

LinkedIn was chosen as #1 Business social media,

but there are many other social media 

Is there any Social Media that you want to suggest for our next “share a badge to” feature?
and why is important for your learners?

Thanks

Marco

12 replies

Hi Marco, I am interested in connecting badges with a 3rd-party system such as Credly, which I know has been under consideration. Can you provide any insight to that feature being implemented? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello 

We have in plan a native Credly integration

With the Native Credly integration will be possible to associate a specific Docebo Badge (e.g. “Security Certification XYZ” , to a Credly one “Certified Security Expert XYZ” in your Credly Organization Account

In this way when an user get the Docebo Badge, automatically will be assigned also the Credly one to him

Also a badge deletion integration will be available, if you delete the Badge assigned to a person in Docebo, the linked Credly one will be revoked too.

The Credly Integration will be included in the Gamification app (but obviously to use it you will need also a Credly Subscription as Organization) 

If a more complex integration is needed (e.g. with complex rules, time of the year based, etc) my suggestion is to take a look at Docebo Connect.

Credly API are well documented and Docebo Connect is a very powerful tool for this kind of integration 

(Docebo Connect Is not a product managed by my team but I had the opportunity to test it, and, to be honest ,I found it really “addictive” for how easy is for creating integrations :relaxed:

Ciao

Marco

Badge

Hey Marco! I’ve noticed that via the Go.learn App there are more social networks with which you can share your badges (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp). I tested this with Whatsapp and only a cropped image of the Badge was shared. Is this feature under construction?

Userlevel 4

Twitter would be on my list for where to be able to share.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

LinkedIn, Twitter, and then far far back in the distance, anything else…

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Marco.T we’re about to license Credly, so very glad to hear an integration with Docebo is coming. Is there an estimate as to when it might be made available?

Since the majority of our users are youth ages 7-17, I’d love to see integrations with the social media platforms they are mostly using-- for our older participants 12+ that would be Tik Tok, Snapchat, Instagram. Being able to share their accomplishments with their peers is valuable, as well as it creates more interest in our organization and allows potential new users to find us and begin engaging with the content and training. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

One issue that I am struggling with is iI you turn on Social Sharing for badges (individualized option for each badge, so not all badges have to be shareable), the default is allowing them to copy a link to share with anyone. That person can open to see the badge, BUT THEY ALSO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE IT! So when someone shares their badge they may not be aware that it can be shared. Even in Facebook when you make a post you can decide who is allowed to see it.

Do you have any issues with a shared announcement being open to be shared? Why is this even there? I get it, when it is a link anyone can just copy and share the link, but it seems strange to me to make it an option like this. And I wonder if the learners who eanred the badge and sharing should be notified that it is open to be shared by anyone.

BTW, if the person viewing it does not have an account in SNU, they wouldn't be able to see or go anywhere beyond this post. If you click on the logo, it requires you log in.

Userlevel 4
Badge

In response to the original question: Microsoft Teams.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The creepy integration I think would help a lot, but LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook would be the big ones for displaying achievements. 

@Marco.T  - It’s nice that badges can be shared as posts on LinkedIn, but there really needs to be an option to allow users to add the badge to their LinkedIn Profile under Licenses and Certifications. This is something that can be done with Credly and it’s a big miss w/ Docebo’s offering currently.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I know there is already a slack integration, but would it be possible to share your badge on slack without implementing the integration?