Question

Self-enrolling in a learning plan often fails

• 6 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I send out self-enrollment links to learners that enable them to register in the platform AND be automatically enrolled in a learning plan in one step.

In the learning plan, the option to enable self-enrollment links for this learning plan is ticked ON and that is the link I send out.

In the Advanced settings, I have enabled Free self-registration and require that users enter a branch code manually.

I’m using this method for three different learning plans and every time I send out the links, I’d say 3 in 10 users find that they can successfully register but land on the catalogue page to a message “oops, there’s nothing to see here”. So the enrollment into the learning plan is failing.

Sometimes logging out and back in will make the courses in the learning plan appear, other times they have to contact me for help and I manually enroll them.

We don’t have the same problem when allowing self-registration to just a single course.

Does anyone else experience this problem? Or is there a better way to achieve what I need? I wonder if using groups and enrollment rules might work?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Yes, we are currently experiencing an issue specific to Learning Plan enrollment links. We use course links all the time with no issue, but tried to use a Learning Plan enrollment link today and it is taking users to the Docebo Home Page. We have opened a ticket to find out what is happening. 

There IS a setting that can be turned on to allow users to use enrollment links even if they do not have access to the catalog the course/learning plan is a part of. However, we have both employees and customers accessing the system and so we do not want to turn on this feature (it worked successfully when we tested it).

I believe it has something to do with the setting to “show this learning plan in the course catalog.”
Which course catalog? I can’t specifiy, so I have no idea who has access to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Learning plans do support a share option where they can provide a type of deeplink.

Sharing - here is how it looks like in my platform:

Share is available - different compared to your screenshot

Here is the key difference:

Course enrollment links option - this is actually activated.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Yes, this is the option that we are using. However, without the setting at the system level, it’s not working. We use course enrollment links successfully all the time without having to turn it on at the system level because we put the courses into catalogs that all of our employees have access to.

If we turn it on at the system level, what’s to stop a customer from accessing one of the learning plans intended for employees if they somehow get hold of one of our enrollment links?

Userlevel 5
Badge

The description for the system level setting specifically starts with “If this option is NOT activated, learning will be able to use enrollment links only for courses and learning plans in their visible catalog(s).”

This is why it works for courses even with the system setting not activated - because we put courses into catalogs that employees have access to.

But the learning plan option only says “Show this learning plan in the course catalog.”

Which course catalog? How do I give my employee users access to “the” course catalog without giving customers access to “the” course catalog?