“Session Link” instead of Course Link in the calendar attachment.

• 26 September 2022
  • 10 replies

We want “Session Link” instead of Course Link in the calendar attachment.
When the learner attends multiple sessions within one ILT course, clicking the course link may confuse them as they’ll always go to the earliest session.
Is there any way we can edit the message with shortcodes inside the calendar attachment?

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I've also facing the same situation where our learners gets confused when they try to attend multiple events within the same ILT course.

Docebo always place them to the earliest session page whenever, they click the course link in attachment.

@Bfarkas Do you have any workaround to get the session link instead of course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Couldn't agree more...did you check the Ideas board? 

IN the existing notifications, there is one short code called, SAML_SesisonLink but I am assuming this only works of you are using SSO...if that is true, it’s quite odd that we don't have the same code for non-SAML

Some ideas you can vote on:

didn't realize there were that many…

@lrnlab  thanks for your information.

SAML_SesisonLink is available inside the notification but not the calendar attachment.

When learners enroll to the session, they will receive a notification with calendar attachment (admin sets the notification with shortcode [calendar_attachment]). There is course link inside the calendar but not session link which confuse our learners who applied multiple sessions in one course.

Hope this clarifies our situation more...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mamh951 yes...the calendar attachment is a whole other areas that needs some work or at least a way to configure it ourselves.

@lrnlab  Shall I post an idea of this then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lrnlab  Shall I post an idea of this then?

if you’re asking about the calendar attachment itself, then I would say yes...don't think the ideas above address that point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Agree, the attachment’s are almost useless in current form, definitely a solid individual idea. I currently ignore them and build our own using proper calendar invites that can be updated to get around it, but would re-evaluate if the information was properly available.

@lrnlab  thanks, done! Please vote 

@Bfarkas  May I know more about building your own using proper calendar invited? Is this very technical?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Basically I use external programming, so based on webhooks, APIs and other events it triggers programs from running that leverage the Office365 API to trigger events on a shared ‘donotreply’ email box’s calendar, creating, updating, canceling events on it. Works pretty great. The official solution is to do this type of setup via Docebo Connect for the extra licensing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

done