Best Answer

Training Hours Reporting

• 13 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Everyone

I would like to create a report using CUSTOM REPORT BUILDER that shows the number of training hours for all training courses (ILT and e-learning). I can see the option to include session time in the report but this only relates to ILT courses.
In our e-learning course shells we do include the average course time.  Is there any way of capturing this data in a report so that we can then calculate total training hours (ILT and e-learning)?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 13 April 2023, 15:30

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I believe the users - courses report has those options

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @lrnlab 

I just found that and gave it a go but it seems to be random as to whether data appears next to the course:

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab I believe I have identified why data appears to be missing....some of the completions were transferred across from our old LMS 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

do you have any equivalencies in place between your courses? That could be why you dont training time for some courses. If not, then it may be that an admin marked a user as completed before they launched the course.

If none of these scenarios are the case, then I would suggest you log a ticket with support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lrnlab I believe I have identified why data appears to be missing....some of the completions were transferred across from our old LMS 😊

yup, that would be it...

Userlevel 5
Badge

The only issue I have with using this data is that some people leave the course open in a browser tab literally for DAYS. I’ve had someone log 100 days in a course - it skews the results. 

Instead, I use our estimate # of hours and the % complete to calculate an estimated time.

Would love for the platform to report the training time in minutes instead of seconds. A request is also having the Total Training Time on the User Personal Summary be more accurate. Right now, the time is calculated if a tab or browser is open even if the person is not actively interacting with the course. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Yes, usually if there is no time recorded in a course it is because it was marked complete manually and the user never actually launched it. I rely heavily on the expected course duration for my reporting, as it gives a consistent value.