Question

Use Survey (or any feature) to Collect Level II Feedback

• 9 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

We have an ILT course that will have a Level I Survey attached in which participants complete at the end of the training. To collect Level II feedback, we’d like to survey the manager of the employee who completed the training to see if they’re applying techniques learned during the training. 

Problem: The Survey tool only allows a person to complete a survey once per course. Therefore, a manager would have to have a separate course for each employee to took the training. 

I looked at possibly using the Observation Checklists as a workaround; however, you cannot export checklist data.

Any recommendations on how we can accomplish this within the platform?

Thanks,
Lindsy

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Have you thought about adding a test that could be taken several times by the same user? It won’t keep tabs on each attempt but the user and manager could track improvement. You could also look at the different scoring options to see if one of those might work to see this improvement over time. Like the SUM of all scores option. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The closest I’ve come across for this is not in the box, using an email to send a survey to manager when course is completed, but tagging onto @lrnlab ‘s answer, what if the survey was a test, and then you use questions that require evaluation, and the evaluation is actually the manager putting their feedback?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LAnderson - hey if you have the option to go outside the box, you can solve this...with at the very least two straight-forward approaches:

• do your level 2s via Jotform or another form collector and add an HTML widget later to your course giving access to the level 2. There are a bunch of downsides to this - no question.
  • how about a near “in the box solution”? have you reviewed Learning Impact? When you talk to anyone in Docebo sales or your CSM? They cant help but to sell it some...and they can get to level 3 without a problem.

BOTH approaches are NOT ideal...but you can pull them off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@LAnderson- hey if you have the option to go outside the box, you can solve this...with at the very least two straight-forward approaches:

• do your level 2s via Jotform or another form collector and add an HTML widget later to your course giving access to the level 2. There are a bunch of downsides to this - no question.
  • how about a near “in the box solution”? have you reviewed Learning Impact? When you talk to anyone in Docebo sales or your CSM? They cant help but to sell it some...and they can get to level 3 without a problem.

BOTH approaches are NOT ideal...but you can pull them off.

The third party route, with iframe and using the oauth setup is actually super powerful if the third party can accept url variables. I do this with Qualtrics, which has the users integrated too, so can track before and after and trigger notifications, and use the api to write completions back to docebo directly….it’s awesome.