Question

What's the difference between Enrollment Completion and Attendance Status?

• 9 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Why doesn’t marking attendance show on the learner’s personal summary report? We’ve only been able to get changing the Enrollment Status to Complete to show on the learner’s personal summary report. Would like to see the option of No Show in the Enrollment Status options menu.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I am guessing you are doing a classroom based on the description. What is the attendance method? This gets confusing as there are levels. If set to manual, you have to mark the event and the session to get the course to complete. If you choose attendance and how many events are required to complete, then if you mark attendance on the event it will auto mark the session and then the course. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Bfarkas: Yes, this is classroom courses/sessions/events. So are you saying that if we ensure that the Session Completion flag is set to Attendance Based, then marking the attendance as Present will cause the course to display on the learner’s Personal Summary Reports as Complete?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Right, it should, if the session was set to manual, then you’d have to mark the session complete to get the course to complete which sounds like what is happening to me. If you tell the session to base on attendance, then when you mark the event as present, it will complete the session and should complete the course which then shows on the summary. (Be careful of which level you are in course - session - event, it is VERY easy to get confused. We name them specifically in a way to keep this organized).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree “Attendance Based” evaluation will do both actions when you mark the users as attend. There is an option to mark the course as completed when you mark attendance so be sure to check that box when tracking attendance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Agree “Attendance Based” evaluation will do both actions when you mark the users as attend. There is an option to mark the course as completed when you mark attendance so be sure to check that box when tracking attendance.

Ah, good catch, its been so long since I’ve manually done that setup, so many choices, live in the api to not forget them :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

indeed