Checking in on Docebo Skills…how’s it really going?

• 20 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Every time I think of skills, I can’t help but channel my inner Olivia Newton John (Or in this case, John Travolta)…. 🎶 I’ve got (skills), they’re multiplying and I’m loooosing control 🎶   

Ok, now for the real skills talk

Occasionally, I get on a little soapbox and ramble on about how important it is for employees to own their own development because no one understands your career path better than you. School may be out but learning never ends (to the horror of my children). So…let’s take charge! 

At about the same time I joined Docebo, we launched Docebo Skills and I couldn’t have been more excited - giving the keys to the castle to employees, empowering them to not only identify the skills they want to grow and develop, but also (with a little boost from Discover, Coach and Share) build out learning plans. 

⏩ ⏩ Fast forward a few months, we want to check in to see how it’s really going and to understand if and how you are using Skills in your organization. 

Share your stories

If you are using it today, I (and I think it is fair to say others here) would love to know more.  How is it going? How did you enable your teams? Do you have any feedback? How can we improve the experience?

Share your apprehension 

What is holding you back from rolling it out? Are we missing functionality? Are you struggling with buy-in? How can we help?   

What is she even talking about????

Fair, this is new functionality! If you have no idea what I am talking about, here are some fantastic resources that may help.

Docebo University:

Community posts:

Docebo Knowledge Base:

I’m looking forward to hearing your feedback on how it’s really going with Skills. Let the sharing begin!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I will provide you with my honest feedback. I was super excited when this launched. But when it went live for staff before I was able to place some restrictions or updates I was a little annoyed. I tried to dive in and get some items aligned and resources for staff but quickly got very overwhelmed. There is a lot to manage. Also, not being able to see what employees have selected certain skills made it difficult for me to align resources. 

I do promise to get back to it and spend some serious time getting it up and running for our staff. I think it’s a huge benefit and look forward to seeing it action with our staff. But I’ve not made it a priority to get off the ground in our platform. 

Thanks for this post and the links you have provided! I am saving this thread to read what others have to say as well as to reference them when I am able to focus on the feature! 

Userlevel 6
Badge

@Stephanie Dreiling Thank you for your feedback.  I am all ears if there are suggestions on how we can help make this a success.  Skills is an ongoing effort and we hope that we can get you the tools you need to bring it to life.  I will keep you posted on updates as they are scheduled.

I so appreciate your participation in this community!  

Userlevel 1

The inability for us to include the skills that we actually need and use is a show stopper. We’ve asked and talked to product leads at Docebo and our CSM and everyone is aware, but still there’s no progress. Providing a finite ontology with thousands of entries and without a sophisticated way to rank, order, delete the completely superfluous, and then add the critical - needed from a sys admin perspective and then match those to critical tags that cohere the system and searches between skills - levels - content is essential. 

Where are we with regards to that?

Sorry, but you did ask, right? :)

Userlevel 6
Badge

@lcairns Yes, I did ask.  Thank you so much for sharing.  This is exactly what we want to hear to ensure that our features are usable and useful.  They say feedback is a gift, I believe this to be true.

This idea has been submitted through the ideas portal as well.  If you have not already voted, please do.  It is something we are planning, but alas I do not have a timeline for you.  I will keep you up to date on it, promise! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The inability for us to include the skills that we actually need and use is a show stopper. We’ve asked and talked to product leads at Docebo and our CSM and everyone is aware, but still there’s no progress. Providing a finite ontology with thousands of entries and without a sophisticated way to rank, order, delete the completely superfluous, and then add the critical - needed from a sys admin perspective and then match those to critical tags that cohere the system and searches between skills - levels - content is essential. 

Where are we with regards to that?

Sorry, but you did ask, right? :)

@HawleyKane Same here for us. We will not activate until we can add the skills that are relevant to us.