Best Answer

Delaying enrollment into courses

• 4 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Has anyone ever been able to set up a delayed enrollment into a course?  For example, we want new hires to complete a course, but not until the end of their second week. Thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by erin.brisson 5 August 2021, 22:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mjtheriault I do not believe there is a direct way to do this in Docebo….here are a few options you might want to try.

• Create a Automatic Group based on the condition of a course status then use that Group to assign another course or learning plan
  • depending on your onboarding process you could also look to make a course only available for a specific period of time; or same for a learning object within a course if that works
  • also depending on how you manage your user profiles, you could look to take advantage of the Additional Fields where you could implement a data field (something like, Hire date) and use that to create a group that then assigns a course...unfortunately the options to create such a group only allow for the following operators: ‘on’, ‘is after’, ‘is before’, ‘is in the range’  but these may work for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If i was doing this, I would definitely do it via API’s based on an addiitonal field with a Hire Date. 

However, I wonder if something could be done with a series of locks based on time of assignment, something like having the first one available base don time, the second one is assigned but locked until the first one is completed, etc. I am not as up to speed on those rules, but feels like something could get to a close result of this.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hey @mjtheriault, if I understand what you are trying to achieve and building on the suggestions from @lrnlab, you could create a group for the new users based on an additional field. From here, you can have that group enroll into a Learning Plan that consists of 2 courses, one to complete right away and the other would be delayed based on completion of the first course in addition to adding the preferred amount of days/weeks/months before the second course is unlocked. 

Once the courses are added to a Learning Plan, here’s how you navigate to the Prerequisite box that provides the available options for delayed enrollment: 

Admin Menu > Learning Plans > Assign Courses 

Within the Assign Courses, click on the chainlink to open the Prerequisites box.

Scroll to the bottom of the Prerequisites box to find the following options:

You can also find some additional information under the ‘Assigning Courses to Your Learning Plan’ section within this KB article.

Hope this helps!

If you have any questions, please let me know :relaxed:

Badge

Thanks everyone.

Userlevel 2
Badge

If i was doing this, I would definitely do it via API’s based on an addiitonal field with a Hire Date. 

However, I wonder if something could be done with a series of locks based on time of assignment, something like having the first one available base don time, the second one is assigned but locked until the first one is completed, etc. I am not as up to speed on those rules, but feels like something could get to a close result of this.

@Bfarkas 

I am looking for a way to do this with API. 

I don’t have a specific hire date like @mjtheriault, but I would like to do a delayed enrollment to a different course (refresher) after maybe 300 days when a learning plan has been completed - based on each individual’s completion date. 

Anyway you know how to do this? Maybe we can connect?