Best Answer

Extended Enterprise: Create a new platform

• 12 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi

I am working on a new Docebo section for our internal contact center employees.

Here’s our current situation:

Mainly we use Docebo for the introductory phase of our employees. We have a database of courses and user, as we use a lot of the functionality of Docebo.

Our needs:

We would like to build a new Docebo site for a designated amount of employees. This site should be fully disconnected from our standard learning platform.

As I was learning how to use Docebo on your “Docebo University”, I got to the function “extended enterprise”.

I noticed that when using “extended enterprise” (different URL), I was not able to build a fully new page. For example:

The point "Manage menus" does the same for both URLs. It is not possible to select different priorities for both sites. My goal is to create a new URL with a different home-page, but with some of the users from the “main platform”.

icon

Best answer by KMallette 12 September 2022, 18:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ZFTCS  Extended Enterprise is a outward-facing division of your Docebo instance. In other words, when the person logs into the new URL, they see only the content that you’ve assigned to that enterprise.

SuperAdministrator logins don’t recognize the divisions in the same way. For things like Users, Content Management, Reports, etc. the Administrator sees everything for all enterprises.

If you need to truly separately EVERYTHING for this new group, then you need a new INSTANCE of Docebo learn. In other words, a full new contract with a difference *.docebosaas.com domain name. You’ll need to contact your Account Manager for more information.

If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out.

Regards,

KM/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ZFTCS agree with @KMallette regarding your point about being “fully disconnected” however I’m not sure if this is truly what you need based on your last point.

We do exactly that. I have a main client who sell sub domains to their clients. The sub domains each manage their own learning content and experiences with branded sites,, pages and menus + they get access to the main client’s content.

When you create a page, you need to the add it a menu that is configured to show only to the branch that is essentially your tenant (or sub domain). This can give the appearance of a whole new site depending on how you build it.

If you want a custom domain, you can do that too but you’ll need to purchase a proper domain in order to get this to work. otherwise, your sud domain will always have a prefix of your parent site. You can use this option instead:

perhaps this can help: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020125119-Activating-and-Managing-the-HTTPS-App

Hope this helps

Hi

Thank you for the comments. @lrnlab@KMallette 

I think the problem is, that we need two platforms but for the same users. If you have a client, then you create the specific users and assign them to a new branch. But we need the same users to be in two different platforms so they can choose which one they want to use.