Learning Plan and Cohorts

• 20 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone! I need to set up a program of 10 ILT with 10 paired e-learnings as pre-req.  I’ve set up a learning plan with the prereqs and have enrolled myself and all is looking good!

Now my next issue--in terms of enrollment --users are enrolled in cohorts.

How can I enroll cohorts within a learning plan?

Thank you so much for your invaluable help. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Are your users unique to a cohort? you might want to consider a “cohort” additional field on the users and then you can bulk update the users to which one they are in. At that point an enrollment rule can be applied to get them into the learning plan, but since you now have the additional field you can use it for other things like reporting, changing their homepage/menu, etc. in addition to controlling their enrollment. 

theres info here and lots of threads on the community about this process:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128579-Activating-and-Managing-the-Enrollment-Rules-App

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @smurfette007 groups + enrolment rules are likely a good option for you and can also be used with channels that have that nifty cohort feature (should you need this)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

HI @smurfette007 groups + enrolment rules are likely a good option for you and can also be used with channels that have that nifty cohort feature (should you need this)

Thanks for this @lrnlab I forgot about that function and I think might solve an issue I have been working on :)

Are your users unique to a cohort? you might want to consider a “cohort” additional field on the users and then you can bulk update the users to which one they are in. At that point an enrollment rule can be applied to get them into the learning plan, but since you now have the additional field you can use it for other things like reporting, changing their homepage/menu, etc. in addition to controlling their enrollment. 

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128579-Activating-and-Managing-the-Enrollment-Rules-App

HI @smurfette007 groups + enrolment rules are likely a good option for you and can also be used with channels that have that nifty cohort feature (should you need this)

Thank you so much! May I please ask what do you mean by channels that have nifty cohort features? (sorry i’m newbie) appreciate your help. 

Thank you for your help! I have created the enrollment rules. May I ask how do bulk enroll users and assign to these rules? I have over 500 learners that I need to enroll into cohorts. What is the best practices in terms of this? Is there a step by step guide? Thank you again. 

Thank you

Yes my users are unique to a cohort and I have over 500 learners. 

so would the steps be

1. bulk enroll
  2. and then add enrollment rule? is this what you mean by additional field?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi,

No, I would use the additional field to determine the enrollment, you could also use another attribute if it existed already. @lrnlab is right, I skipped a step in the management part, you are going to want to make automatic groups based on some data about the user. This way they get automatically added to the group.

Then the enrollment role should be based on the group, user in the group gets enrolled into the learning plan. 

This way you can manage the enrollment process via the attribute of the user which hopefully you can setup some automation to handle, but at the very least you should be able to do a bulk csv update.

I had suggested an additional field as it could then be used for reporting and other things, but it is not absolutely necessary.

There’s a bunch of great threads and article son here about all these topics you might want to read through to get a better understanding, heres a few: