Question

Two attempts - lock out - resetable by an instructor

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning folks,

This is an interesting workflow being requested by a team, I wanted to see if it is viable or if someone has experience with it:

• The team would like to be able to retain the pass/fail record for a test
  • On the second attempt if it fails? They test locks itself down
  • A course curator role will support doing a reset of said course allowing for the user to try again

Is this doable?

I believe this was asked elsewhere….but I wanted to make sure before I tried making this work.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @dklinger 

• The team would like to be able to retain the pass/fail record for a test - don't think this is do-able as the 1st attempt would be overwritten by the 2nd...maybe once the promised “multiple completion” enhancement comes into play. Right now, all you can do is to pull a report after the 1st attempt and then allow the user to complete the 2nd.
  • On the second attempt if it fails? They test locks itself down yes, we use that all the time
  • A course curator role will support doing a reset of said course allowing for the user to try again not sure what you mean by curator...are you asking is someone other than a PU can reset a learning object? Never tried this but perhaps an instructor has these powers as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lrnlab 

Hey @dklinger 

• A course curator role will support doing a reset of said course allowing for the user to try again not sure what you mean by curator...are you asking is someone other than a PU can reset a learning object? Never tried this but perhaps an instructor has these powers as well?

Yes it is a PU that I am thinking about that can reset it - but it is the learning object for the learner and not reset the entire object wiping out everyone’s marks against it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sorry not sure I follow on this one…

but it is the learning object for the learner and not reset the entire object wiping out everyone’s marks against it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I don’t follow the reset process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I had a special case of this and creating a system to do it, basically there were three of the course to move the user between, the original, if they failed, webhook triggers movement of enrollment from one to the next, then if failed again repeat but the third course had no actual test, just an information content on what their options are now. Painful, def points of possible confusion, but kind of worked.