Best Answer

Window size in new course player

• 2 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Apologies if this has already been raised, but I can’t seem to locate an exact discussion. Is there a way to change the size of the learning objective window in the new course player when it’s a video? We upload videos that are hosted in Wistia and whereas they fit perfectly in the current window, whilst trialling the new course player view we’re left with black bars either side of the video as it’s wider. I know you can change to full screen once play has been clicked, but the initial view looks awful aesthetically. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by KMallette 5 June 2023, 19:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@rhunt79 This sounds like a aspect ratio issue at first blush. Can you send a screenshot of what you see? Unfortunately, I don’t have any helpful information as to how to make it better. Sorry.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @KMallette See the first screenshot below from the preview mode, where it does not fit the window:

The second screenshot as follows is from the current course player, and where the video sits nicely within the space with no black bars:

There must be a setting within the platform or maybe we need to re-size the video dimensions?

Thanks,

Rich

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, @rhunt79 … thank you for the screenshots.  Great photography of your seals! 🙂

I found a couple of .mp4 videos, one was 16:9 aspect, and the other was 4:3 aspect. And I did get the black bars on the sides for 4:3, but not 16:9. I haven't’ found anything in the player configuration that let’s me define the aspect, so it sounds like you’ll need to use 16:9 going forward.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @KMallette...and apologies for the delay. Been working on some projects. The videos we upload from Wistia are all 16:9. I get a white background when uploading an .mp4, which obviously doesn’t look as bad, but as soon as I upload a Wistia link it won’t fit the window and I’m left with black down the sides. I spoke with our Digital Content Creator and the window size of the new course player seems to be wider/bigger than it needs to be. May mention it to our Account Manager at Docebo.