/*translucent balloons*/
div.bg-main.color-white.docebo-balloon {
    opacity: 75% !important;
}

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think this one might be new.

Most requests I’ve seen are to shun them altogether for which there are many posts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think this one might be new.

Most requests I’ve seen are to shun them altogether for which there are many posts.

Agreed. A cache for remembering I;ve seen this already can’t come fast enough!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I went ahead with removing it altogether in the end but this was an intermediate PoC I abandoned

Others might find it useful though.

Docebo says it can’t be cached; why not just have it controlled by a user variable (i.e. an array of booleans controlling each of these)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I went ahead with removing it altogether in the end but this was an intermediate PoC I abandoned

Others might find it useful though.

Docebo says it can’t be cached; why not just have it controlled by a user variable (i.e. an array of booleans controlling each of these)?

They say it can’t be cached based on browser, it needs to be built to remember in the user profile on the backend essentially. This is not a new concept for how to handle these things, its crazy how it was implemented.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I already have user additional field booleans for opt out of certificate emails and opt out of all emails.

Shouldn’t be so hard to do if I can do it! (I’m aware it’s significantly different, but not that much)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think we are talking different things here. That would turn them all on or off. I don’t want that. There is value to new users to these types of things, the annoyance is that they are constantly there.

A proper setup knows I as a user saw a bubble on a specific page and I closed it, and typically offers a ‘hide all’ check box option, but if just closed only that bubble doesn;t return so other helpful tips still work. You’d run out of addiitonal fields long before being able to do that.

as a PS, be careful with how you use your additional fields as there is a limit to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hence my suggestion that they make a backend UAF that’s an array of 100 trues and falses controlling the balloons :) 

What’s the limit on the frontend?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I believe the number is a bit different in different scenarios, so I would ask your CSM, but there is a limit. I have seen some folks start using them as a solve for everything and then run into trouble, so just be careful there.