Content Management

5 Essentials to Consider When Setting Up Discover, Coach & Share

• 28 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4

Interested in Discover, Coach and Share? Join the DU Live webinar on Wednesday, March 1 with Annie Woodle and Christina Blue at Nurse-Family Partnership to learn how to drive learning with DCS!

Discover, Coach & Share (DCS) is a valuable social tool within the Docebo Learning Suite, and it can help increase formal and informal learning within your organization. However, organizations tend to have different learning styles, requirements, and constraints to contemplate. In this article, we will outline five essential components to consider prior to deploying DCS.

Guide Table of Contents

Channel Topics

To get the creative juices flowing, first ask yourself this question:

What is the subject of your topic and who is the population you want to be assigned to each channel?

The channel topic could be focused on onboarding your new hires, sales campaigns, or product release items. Or, it could have a more generic theme such as customer service or HR policies and procedures.

Expert Selection

Channel topics are most effective when supported by experts. You will need to decide who those experts should be and whether a Power User role needs to be created and assigned to support this channel. 

For internal use cases, you can consider having learners’ colleagues approving content, answering questions, and driving engagement. For external use cases, you might assign folks in your marketing department or customer engagement to support these items. Overall, DCS can open up a new type of connection with your internal employees and/or external customers. 

Content

The third component of decision making is content. Content management within channels can take two forms, which are open submission, or requiring expert review.  Open submission allows content to be quickly posted with no administrative work. However, with a review process, content can be validated for relevancy to the channel topic without requiring an administrative step that could slow down content deployment.

The Discover component of DCS will assist users in finding new content, however, they need to complete the “My Skills” section in their profile. This will need to be promoted to your users to ensure they take this action.

Finally, you may bring content from YouTube, Wistia, Vimeo, or other content providers. This might require you to update inclusion URL lists. To read more about your Docebo Learn platform’s Advanced Settings, you can visit our Knowledge Base: Managing the Platform Advanced Settings

Tracking

Now that you’ve spent time configuring and deploying DCS, you want to make sure you are ready to gather metrics from your content assists and contributions. Be sure to check out this useful blog post, 10 ways to calculate your ROI for your LMS, to assist with this planning.

Gamification

There are specific gamification badges linked to different DCS triggers, or you can create your own custom badges for specific DCS actions. Take a look at the Activating and Managing the Gamification App article from our Knowledge Base to learn more.

You can select “Discover, Coach & Share” in the “Choose an Event” section to see what triggers are available.

You can also use this in conjunction with the rewards shop. You can create content for different groups for sales campaigns, customer service campaigns, or unique knowledge topics. Rewards could be a virtual lunch with a mentor or c-level employee, a weekend getaway, dinner paid for by your company, or swag bags. Take a look at the Managing the Rewards Marketplace Knowledge Base article for more details.

Are you using Discover, Coach & Share yet? Let us know how you approached this in the comments below!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for this @colin.schott ! Love the simplicity and in one place of this, I often forget all the pieces involved in the DCS module.

Userlevel 4

Glad to help spread the word on DCS for you.

Userlevel 1

Hi! We are in week two of our implementation with Docebo and are really excited! We do have one hangup and it is how to write a Terms and Conditions around Discover Coach and Share for external users. Since Docebo doesn’t supply a T+C, we wondered if anyone had some boiler plates/bullets on DC&S that we could supply to our legal team to get things rolling. I haven’t found a definitive “list” anywhere without the marketing language in it about what exactly DC&S does. 

Userlevel 1

Okay full disclosure - we ended up drafting one in ChatGPT and then sending it to our legal department for additional feedback. It all worked out in the end but I will say a supplied draft of a T+C for those of us who don’t speak that language would be helpful. 

Userlevel 4

Is this a part of Docebo Learn or something we need to purchase? I don’t seem to see it in our settings or to add as an app. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

who is the population you want to be assigned to each channel?

This is a long-time point of confusion for me. I never understood why I as an admin need to assign people to channels.

Is there no configuration option that allows users to assign themselves to channels based on whether or not they are interested?