Question

Notification - Certification Has Expired

• 10 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello There, 

Recently i set up a notification for Certification Has Expired event to send out an email notification 30 days before a certificate expires. I hit a roadblock because we are managing a few certifications within the company and some certification has a validity of 2 years and some don’t.

The issue is the 30 days notification automatically applies to all certifications but i only want to set up email notification for 1 certification and not 5 of them. Other users who have existing active certification receives the same email content but the email content is not referring to their active certification at all!

I have checked with Docebo support and according to the support team, it is a bug. i am surprised. 

Any recommendations? 

regards,

Will.   

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

What you're experiencing in regards to the wrong certification information definitely sounds like a bug. The other issue (one notification that applies to all certifications) might have a workaround if you could target those users via group. You could configure a notification that only fires for users who are in that group. I guess you could use the course completion as a criteria for being added to that group which would also help you accomplish this.

Hi @william hong were you ever able to find a solution? We are currently walking through the same issue.

The problem with different groups is if you have overlapping users i.e. our lab employees are also included in general employee compliance courses so we cannot differentiate between a lab and HIPAA renewal.