Reporting Unavailable Since Nov 11 2022

• 16 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Is anyone else experiencing issues with custom reporting? Our scheduled reports’ background jobs keep showing “aborted” and cannot run new custom reports. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@maricela.jimenez Here’s what we found:

1. Scheduled reports are loaded into the background job queue at the TIME SCHEDULED IN THE REPORT … a new field.
  2. When the schedule kicks off, this will likely cause the data lake to refresh (if it hasn’t refreshed in the past 4 hours)
  3. While the background job is waiting for the data lake to refresh, it seems that sometimes the report times out (aka aborts). The report can not be exported (manually), giving the error that it is “already running”.

Our plan is as follows:

1. Reduce the number of reports that are running (aka no longer needed, etc.)
  2. Set the schedule time to 1:00 am (local time) for all reports.
  3. Monitor the background jobs queue for aborted reports. If any appear and I can’t manually export them, I plan to log a ‘bug’ ticket with Help Center.

Regards,

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @maricela.jimenez, and thank you for bringing this to our attention! I see that you’ve opened a ticket regarding this issue that is now under investigation. As this is being handled via support, I will be transitioning this post to a conversation rather than a question. Thank you again, and I’d love to hear how your issue is resolved!