Users receive waitlist and locked message for ILT course

• 30 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I created an ILT with 18 sessions. After I built the sessions, I used the CSV import process to enroll nearly 200 users into the course. About 20 could register for one of the sessions with no issue. Most folks are reaching out to share that they see the image below for the course. It appears locked, and they cannot open it to select a session. Is there a setting I need to adjust to unlock the course and allow users to register? I’m not sure why it would work for some and not for others. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@brandonmaldonado  Hi, Brandon … I’d suggest taking a look at any groups or branches that might be involved. The persons that you have enrolled might not be lined up with whatever group/branch configuration you have in place for the course. At least that’s where I’d start :-) … good luck!

Update: The other place you might look is in the page widgets for the learners that are locked out. There could be a mismatch there with groups/branches.

Regards,

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A couple of things you can check as well:

Was there a max quota added to the entire course shell?

I have had power users enter a value here thinking it limited all of the sessions to xx amount of seats. But this is limiting the number of enrollments into the entire course and anyone over that value who tries to enroll in a session will not be able to, and they will be waitlisted.

As for the expired notice - when you imported the enrollments via CSV, was there an end date on there?  Or maybe did an end date get added to users in the enrollments tab?   I generally see that expired notice when the user is passed the end date of enrollment nd they have not started the course. 

Hopefully get this resolved soon!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Annarose.Peterson Thank you. I checked the max quota option. It had a value of zero but I still had folks who could register. I bumped it up to a value that is greater than the total number of enrolled users via CVS. As to your second though, I did not have an end date when I did the bulk upload. I’m also not seeing where I can view an end date in the Sessions and Enrollments tab. I know that view exists in a normal eLearning course but I didn’t think it would appear as part of an ILT course. 

@KMallette Thank you. The CSV upload contained individual users and I’m not seeing any restrictions from a group or branch perspective. Is there somewhere else that I can potentially review?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Annarose.Peterson Thank you. I checked the max quota option. It had a value of zero but I still had folks who could register. I bumped it up to a value that is greater than the total number of enrolled users via CVS. As to your second though, I did not have an end date when I did the bulk upload. I’m also not seeing where I can view an end date in the Sessions and Enrollments tab. I know that view exists in a normal eLearning course but I didn’t think it would appear as part of an ILT course. 

I would change it back to zero if you are anticipating more folks than the original lot was added as self-enrolling into it. This way there is no upper limit.   For the enrollment end date, if you go to the Enrollments tab, instead of enrollments and evaluations under Sessions, you will see Start of Validity and End of Validity columns. Dates can be added in there for enrollment validity.  

Good luck with this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@brandonmaldonadoHave you tried using a test account to see what happens? Are there any enrollment rules that might be impacting your list?

Are the the training materials used in other courses? If yes, you might try uploading the content a second time directly into the ILT rather than using it from the CLOR.

Updated (again :-) ) … have you triple checked that everything is published and not under maintenance?

Regards,

KMallette

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @brandonmaldonado, thank you for reaching out to the community! May I ask, is this still an issue you’re facing?

My first instinct would be to look at enrollment limits, but it’s difficult to tell what the issue may be with only the information provided. If you are still experiencing this issue, I would suggest contacting support, as they will be able to take a closer look at your platform.