Skip to main content

Without using CSS, is there a way to “turn off” the badge counter that shows up when someone has earned a badge more than one time? Can you limit the number of times a learner earns a badge so we don’t get the red dot on top of the badge icon? 

@lexiemilford5 I wish I had a built-in option for you here, but it is not possible to have both badge images and eliminate the count marker. In this case, you would need to use a custom CSS solution.

The other option would be to eliminate badge visibility entirely and only use points, but I imagine this isn’t the fix you were looking for. If you are interested, however, you can set individual badges to only assign points by selecting this User Visibility setting under the General tab:

You can also read about this on our Knowledge Base: Creating and Managing Badges

I hope this helps, even if this wasn’t the answer you were hoping for! If you do want help figuring out a potential CSS solution, you could always ask in our CSS & HTML discussion category. There are plenty of community members who regularly discuss how to use CSS with the Learn platform. :)

@lexiemilford5, @elliott.vickrey shared some great information in their reply. 

One additional consideration: if you don’t want users to earn the same badge multiple times, you can avoid that behavior by creating one unique badge per course or action that you apply in the Automatic Assignment section of the badge.

For example, let’s say you want to use the same Par badge design that’s displayed in your screenshot for the Par Certified Legacy Badge for two separate activities without showing the badge counter.

In this case, you could create two different badges, each with the same image uploaded, and each having Automatic Assignment enabled. You’d select a single course as the Completed Courses to trigger the badge assignment (as shown in the screenshot below).

As a best practice, you’d want to name the badge based on whatever action allows the learner to earn it. In this way the learner would see two unique badges in the My Badges and Points area for each of the actions they performed to earn the badge, but the badge design would be the same (since you used the same image file).

I hope this helps!

Set a single course as the Completed Course for an automatically assigned badge to ensure that the learner only earns the badge once.

Hi lexiemilford5 :)

Are you still trying to hide the counts? I found the CSS (pretty easy)
We changed the color of ours off the red since we save that for errors.

.preview_badge .badge_counter {display: none;}

Hi @susan2000  - thanks for the reply! We’d like to turn them off but CSS doesn’t work on our branded mobile app so the experience would be different for each platform, which is not something we want at this time. Hopefully Docebo can start to flow down CSS from the browser to mobile so we can leverage additional customization.