Delay in notifications

Userlevel 5
Badge

Anyone else experiencing slowness in notifications since yesterday? Everything else seems to be working in a normal speed. We’ve submitted a ticket.

21 replies

Userlevel 1

We have received complaints from those that receive scheduled reports that they aren’t arriving this morning. Not sure it has to do with the same problem, but Docebo reports and notifications are usually very reliable. 

Userlevel 3

We also have a delay of roundabout 10 Min

Userlevel 1

I can’t get a newsletter to send (only sending to 613 people). I just started a case to see if they can provide any guidance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hmm, sounds like some thing is brewing...what servers are you connected to? US, Canada, EU, etc.

Userlevel 1

hmm, sounds like some thing is brewing...what servers are you connected to? US, Canada, EU, etc.

Enterprise Plan Platforms - US (Virginia) Region

Userlevel 5
Badge

Our automation app routines are not firing today.  Possibly related to issue in Reports generation or in automation app...undetermined RCA as yet.  We’ve also submitted a ticket.  US-East Virginia. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Oh, I’m in Canada so it sounds like this may be isolated to that server? I would recommend opening a ticket

Userlevel 5
Badge

Virginia here too.

Userlevel 5
Badge

My Account Manager saying no issues with US-Virginia.  But, I’m thinking that’s not accurate given this thread and what I’m seeing in platform.  Hoping for resolutions soon. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@hwolfehall  There is definitely an issue. We’ve been waiting 30 minutes for our most recent test enrollment notifications. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

YES. I had issues with sending messages to learners and notifications. I sent something to support and they replied: 

Basically, a few months back we migrated over to the new Domain Management tool and with that came some changes on how the platform functions. In order for an email to come from a specific email address (that's being sent through the platform) it must be listed in the Domain Management under the Email Sender Domains.

Only when the MX, SPF and DKIM records are validated and on file will the system allow an email to be sent using that particular domain. 

What's happening is your email @learning.{X}.com is not listed and therefore it's not being validated by the platform, leading to the system is shutting down the capability.

If you or others on the platform have emails that are simply @{X}.com then it would be in your best interest to collaborate with your internal IT department to get that particular domain added to the list.”

I had not seen any issues before yesterday so whatever they did, seems to have finally kicked in. 

Glad to know it was not just us. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Davefox - I appreciate that information but, I believe that’s not the issue here. I’ve done all of that already and our Domain Management area is up to date. 

This is about email notifications that were working yesterday and stopped working today.

Userlevel 5
Badge

YES. I had issues with sending messages to learners and notifications. I sent something to support and they replied: 

Basically, a few months back we migrated over to the new Domain Management tool and with that came some changes on how the platform functions. In order for an email to come from a specific email address (that's being sent through the platform) it must be listed in the Domain Management under the Email Sender Domains.

Only when the MX, SPF and DKIM records are validated and on file will the system allow an email to be sent using that particular domain. 

What's happening is your email @learning.{X}.com is not listed and therefore it's not being validated by the platform, leading to the system is shutting down the capability.

If you or others on the platform have emails that are simply @{X}.com then it would be in your best interest to collaborate with your internal IT department to get that particular domain added to the list.”

I had not seen any issues before yesterday so whatever they did, seems to have finally kicked in. 

We received that notice about the DKIMs and SPF months ago and remediated everything as directed.  That should not be causing issues today, though.  Our domains are all configured in the new tool properly.  

Userlevel 5
Badge

@erin.brisson Should this be added to Known Issues?  

Userlevel 5
Badge

It’s been an hour (and counting) since we started our test this morning. No enrollment notifications have come through.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@hwolfehall I get it. I don’t think they should be related either, but we didn’t see issues until yesterday so I thought it was worth a share. 

Userlevel 1

We received that notice about the DKIMs and SPF months ago and remediated everything as directed.  That should not be causing issues today, though.  Our domains are all configured in the new tool properly.  

Support stated our SPF wasn’t set up, I replied with a screenshot that it was setup and they said a small update was needed. I have asked for them to point out what update because our SPF matches the Knowledge article provided so I am waiting on a response. At this point, I don’t know what minor update I am supposed to request from our IT but haven’t heard back since my last email to support. Agreed, this notice went out a few weeks ago and we checked all of our settings which all appeared to be setup and correct.

Userlevel 5
Badge

We put in a ticket at 9:38 am and haven’t gotten a single response. We’ve asked our AE to get involved. All notifications are stopped for us.

Userlevel 1

While this isn’t great news to hear, I’m glad to know it isn’t just me. I’m able to download reports, it just seems that the function to send out reports and notifications automatically is still not working.  I am waiting until the next report cadence to see if it works. If not, I too will put in a ticket. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Usually we have a much better Help Desk experience than this. I’m more shocked by that than anything else.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hello all, I just wanted to let you know that our support team is aware of this issue and it is being actively investigated. To track this issue, you can open a ticket with support if you have not already, or you can subscribe to this Known Issue post.