Question

Strange Learning Plan Enrollments

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

I have a strange situation happening where all power users in my system are getting enrolled in all Learning Plans. I have no idea what’s causing this, doesn’t show up in enrollment rules logs, and we don’t even use Learning plans, there are no courses assigned to them right now, they are test uses.

Support is being pretty slow these days so I’m reaching out here, thanks for any insight you excellent folks might can give me!

-- Roger

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rogergreenlee , 

I would check the event details in the audit trail log.  Hopefully the enrollments are showing up there and you can see if there is some other process that is enrolling them or determine if there is some user error.

Userlevel 3

This sounds as though your power user profiles are set with the Resource Type: ‘Power users assigned to All Learning Plans’.

Regardless of whether a course is added, this may assign all PUs visibility to all learning plans.

If not this, then also check your learning plans that you don’t have a group setting assigned for power users. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

This sounds as though your power user profiles are set with the Resource Type: ‘Power users assigned to All Learning Plans’.

Regardless of whether a course is added, this may assign all PUs visibility to all learning plans.

If not this, then also check your learning plans that you don’t have a group setting assigned for power users. 

Thanks, I looked in the Profile assigned to them earlier, and it is not assigned to all Learning Plans. Also, I don’t think this would actually enroll them, correct?

Userlevel 1

I have had the opposite issue where we have learning plan enrollment rules in place, but on occasion, for no apparent reason, they don’t work. When I reach out to support, they open a ticket, don’t get back to me and then it’s mysteriously resolved. I do agree that support is unfortunately slow and oftentimes, not helpful. I’m sorry you’re dealing with the same.

Userlevel 3

Although PUs would have visibility, it would not normally enroll them onto a learning plan, no.

I will be interested to see what the issue is for the example you’ve provided.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello - you may also want to check the learning plan itself.  I’ve used the assign group or branch, thinking I was making it visible to that group/branch like I did in other areas such as channels and found out that I enrolled the whole group by mistake.  Something to check.