[Closed] OPKO Health is hiring an LMS Coordinator!

• 7 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Anyone looking to up their game a bit with Docebo and open to an opportunity in the Healthcare/Pharma/Clinical space? OPKO Health is hiring an LMS Coordinator.

Looking to have some one join the huge team of...well...just one for now...but with someone with huge aspirations of where we can take our learning management instance to a whole new level for a rapidly growing and shifting organization. 

Here is the link: Linkedin Listing

PM me if you are interested.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This position has been filled as of January 2022.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

How is the role working out for you? 

We have 2 part time administrators in the team, who have over the years used various booking systems etc.  But now we have an LMS I’m realising the job role doesnt really lend itself to the needs of an LMS/tech heavy system.  I was thinking we might need to introduce a LMS expert to leave the admin team to the rudimental aspects of the system, and concentrate on the more complex side of the LMS, improving the interface, and working on the roadmap of things to release e.g. gamification, social, badges etc.  that we are just not finding time to look at. 

I’d be interested to hear how other people have managed this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @dklinger! Thanks for sharing the role. I moved this over to the Job Board category.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

How is the role working out for you? 

We have 2 part time administrators in the team, who have over the years used various booking systems etc.  But now we have an LMS I’m realising the job role doesnt really lend itself to the needs of an LMS/tech heavy system.  I was thinking we might need to introduce a LMS expert to leave the admin team to the rudimental aspects of the system, and concentrate on the more complex side of the LMS, improving the interface, and working on the roadmap of things to release e.g. gamification, social, badges etc.  that we are just not finding time to look at. 

I’d be interested to hear how other people have managed this?

@KTJD - this is a rather involved question…so let me drop you an answer that makes sense. Let’s start with it all depends on what problems you are solving with your implementation. If you are scaled to the entire org? You may have a decent reason just based on user administration on its own. If you are using automation to drive your user base? You can probably stay lean and mean for a bit.

But as you take on more success and have people wanting to consume more content with you? A business case will grow to have a person administrating your system to keep daily inquiries and best practice types of maintenance going in the right direction. If you decentralize efforts with PowerUsers you can still offload your effort a bit but if you would want to keep those PowerUsers supported into a position that they are a community of users at your org? You may have a case to centralize an admin. 
I do think time proven rigor around establishing OKRs and an up to date project list showing where the effort is pumping towards while keeping in touch with your leadership will drive how that position will be filled and what the responsibilities will be. I was aiming for a person that was essentially going to be a hybrid of admin and having some instructional design background while being ready to establish system practices and configurations for the instance as it is a new business and shared service for the organization…that won’t work for everybody though.

I am also tackling closing discrepant LMS’ which means effort has to go towards supporting content migration..and record importing. At the same time? Managing a queue of folks knocking on the door for the next learning project.

And so - the role is doing fine with us. It made sense at the time for the body of work at hand. And because the admin came on? I am personally out of the weeds and doing more strategy and outreach at a key time for the implementation at our org.

I hope the ramblings help.