Skip to main content

I think I already know the answer to this (no) as we can’t add html only css to the login page, but a customer has various users from various company’s logging on their LMS and they want to add a brief guide to the login page explaining who should use SSO, who should use external login and guide on their credentials...etc. Is there a way to make this happen? 

Many thanks,

Gigi

So the couple of not great but works methods that come to mind are, add the text(I can’t believe I’m saying this) to the background image, just be careful with various screen sizes. Also, be careful as this is terrible for accessibility purposes.

There are ways to add text content to an object using css too, usually comes down to how much there is and what control you are expecting for it. Things like:

.ExampleDiv:before {
content: "Your text goes here...";
}

I’ll shall give it a go tomorrow @Bfarkas . I like the sound of the { content: “...”;} solution. I wasn’t aware of it. I’ll have a play. 

Thanks @Bfarkas (From Hungary by any chance?)

Gigi

Not myself, but a few generations back are :)

If you are using an image file on your Sign-in page you could put all the text on that image in conjunction with the Localization Tool for the Sign In/SSO button text.  Also, depending on your setup, you could add a Public Custom Catalog Page and put the information on that tab.

You can sneak in links using the localization tool. 

For instance with Docebo University you can see the “register” link redirects to an external website. 

That was done updating the following

Key: Please insert your username and password to proceed    

With: 

Please insert your username and password to proceed.
<br><br>New here? <a href="https://www.docebo.com/customer-academy/"><b>Register</b></a> for a free account.

That leads to the following hyperlink: 

Another thought is using the public catalog custom pages to create a separate tab on the home screen to have supplementary information. 

You could also localize the sso button to be more clear about who should click it (“Employee Login” for example)

Hi @gigi galgoczi 

Another option would be to use the translate function in the localization tool to change the existing text in the Sign In form. For example, you could target the following text and change it to whatever you like as shown in the captures below.

Original
Edited using localization tool

If you are using an image file on your Sign-in page you could put all the text on that image in conjunction with the Localization Tool for the Sign In/SSO button text.  Also, depending on your setup, you could add a Public Custom Catalog Page and put the information on that tab.

I’m curious how this holds up at different screen sizes/resizes? Do the arrows cause confusion at that point?

Hi @gigi galgoczi 

Another option would be to use the translate function in the localization tool to change the existing text in the Sign In form. For example, you could target the following text and change it to whatever you like as shown in the captures below.

Original
Edited using localization tool

I like this, although I feel like it falls into the bucket of “Users don’t read unless they are smashed over the head, and then they still don’t read”. :)

You can sneak in links using the localization tool. 

For instance with Docebo University you can see the “register” link redirects to an external website. 

That was done updating the following

Key: Please insert your username and password to proceed    

With: 

Please insert your username and password to proceed.
<br><br>New here? <a href="https://www.docebo.com/customer-academy/"><b>Register</b></a> for a free account.

That leads to the following hyperlink: 

This is nice and a good solve for a different thread re:policies available externally and other such things. Will need to keep in mind.

@gigi galgoczi - there is alot of advice from @anne.bucci, @Daniel, @pmo here pointing to the localization tool. It is a solid approach. We have used the localization tool with alot of success for levels of customization with little to no hassle.

@Bfarkas has a great note that people do not read...but if you want to keep it simple? You now have some great options.

Agreed @dklinger I think it all comes down to the type of content you are trying to add. Could always combine some localization tool and some custom css for that area to make it stand out more too!

Agreed @dklinger I think it all comes down to the type of content you are trying to add. Could always combine some localization tool and some custom css for that area to make it stand out more too!

yup

Hi Gigi,

We created our log in page like this which helps employees know to use SSO button and customers to sign in. 

Much like others we used the Localization tool to add information to the page.
such as the red text in the lower right corner of login page

Custom instructions in red

Thanks for everybody for replying. We ended up uploading the guide to google.docs and add a QR code to the login page that takes them to the guide. 

Hello @gigi galgoczi I like very much this login page. Did you do it without CSS programming correct? How do you change the SSO login to the above the page? Thank you for the tip

Hi @anne.bucci I’m curious as to what code you used to change the login option hierarchy (SSO above login option) Thank you in advance! 

Hi Gigi,

We created our log in page like this which helps employees know to use SSO button and customers to sign in. 

Hi @simone.yaghi I love how you separated the login options. What code did you use to implement these custom changes? Thanks in advance!

@lizaa - here is the code to change the login form hierarcy.

#doc-layout-login form {

display: flex;

flex-wrap: wrap;

}

#doc-layout-login h1.login-form-title.hyd-typography-heading-2 {

order: -3;

}

#doc-layout-login p.login-form-subtitle.hyd-typography-subtitle.hyd-color-typography-secondary {

order: -2;

font-weight: bold;

font-size: 16px;

}

#doc-layout-login ui-input-text.login-field-username {

border-top: 2px solid #acadac;

border-right: 2px solid #acadac;

border-left: 2px solid #acadac;

padding: 8px;

}

#doc-layout-login ui-input-password {

width: 100%;