Skip to main content

Before we dive into all that’s changed and everything you need to know about the new submission process, we want to take a step back to provide the ‘why’ behind these changes.

Why did we temporarily close the Ideas portal?

Since launching the Ideas portal in Docebo Community over 3 years ago, we’ve learned A LOT. We knew that our process was outdated and inefficient, which led to customers feeling their feedback was unheard and undervalued. We knew this needed to change, so we took the opportunity in association with the launch of our new Feature Roadmap to close the Ideas portal for a short time so we could make the important enhancements to both the submission process and management of your ideas.

Now, let’s jump in! Below you’ll find everything you need to know about the new Ideas portal, including what’s changed and the step by step process to submitting a new idea.

What’s changed?

• Ideas and feature requests can now be provided in two ways, comments on feature cards within the Feature Roadmap (highly recommended as this is what our Product teams are currently working on) or as brand new ideas via the Ideas portal
  • New idea submission process including a mandatory Idea Submission Template
  • Replaced vote counts with an easier way to distinguish if you have voted for an idea or not (VOTE/VOTED)
  • Updated Product Areas (check out this post for more information on updates)
  • Reduction in idea statuses from 10 to 5. Take a look at each of the new statuses and their descriptions:
Idea status Status details
Submitted This is the default status and is applied to every new idea received via the Ideas portal
Open

The idea meets all of the below requirements and has been passed along to our Product team:

• submitted using Idea Submission Template
  • only one idea per submission
  • questions 1-3 are answered with sufficient detail
  • meets a predetermined vote threshold
Feature Roadmap The idea has been attached to a feature card in our Feature Roadmap and currently resides within “Under Consideration”, “Feasibility Assessment” or “In Development”. To stay informed on its progress, please monitor the roadmap for updates and changes.
Important note: this status does NOT guarantee delivery. An idea can be in “Feature Roadmap” within the ‘Under Consideration’ or ‘Feasibility Assessment’ roadmap status and then be “Closed” or back to “Open” depending on how those considerations and assessments turn out.
Closed

The idea is closed for any of the following reasons:

• it was not submitted using the Idea Submission Template
  • there was more than one idea submitted
  • there was no, or not enough detail provided in the responses to questions 1-3 (see the example in the gray box in the template)
  • it is a duplicate of an existing submission.
  • it already exists in our product
  • it is not being considered at this time 
Delivered The idea is in “Ready for Release” or “Recently Released” status on our Feature Roadmap meaning it has been implemented as a feature or is coming soon

How do I submit a new idea?

Please follow these steps in the order below when submitting an idea or feature request:

1. Search the Feature Roadmap to determine if your idea or feature request can be associated with an existing feature card.
    • If yes, scroll all the way to the bottom of the feature card to tell us how important this feature is to you and if you have any related ideas or feedback for the specific feature
    • If no, proceed to Step 2
  1. Search the Ideas portal to determine if your idea (or a similar one) already exists.
    • If yes, add a vote and/or a reply to the existing idea with any additional information you’d like to add.
    • If no, proceed to Step 3
  1. Submit your brand new idea using the mandatory Idea Submission Template
    • Only one idea per template will be accepted
    • Questions 1-3 are mandatory and require more than one sentence otherwise the idea will be rejected

Please DO NOT submit an idea if it already exists in the portal, especially if it’s tagged with the ‘Closed’ status as this will cause unnecessary duplication. If it’s ‘Closed’, it falls under one of the reasons above and this is our way to communicate realistic expectations for your ideas. FYI ‘Closed’ ideas can still be voted on and replied to and our product team uses the portal to search for ideas so if it’s ‘Closed now’, it may not always be.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have an existing idea in the portal (from before September 30, 2024) that you’d like to add more context to, please reply to the existing idea and feel free to use any (or all!) of the questions from the new template.

Our commitment to your ideas

• Every submitted idea will be reviewed (this does not mean replied to or status updated) and may stay in ‘Submitted’ status until it meets specific requirements
  • If a submitted idea meets the specific requirements (listed in the ‘Open’ status above), it will be passed along to our Product team for consideration
  • There are no set timeframes for idea review and status changes

Your feedback is extremely important to us and we appreciate the time you take to provide it. While we do our very best, not every idea can be considered for development, as ideas are just one of the many factors involved in soliciting feedback on the creation of new features.

We are confident that these changes will allow for an enhanced idea and feedback request experience in Docebo Community. We welcome your feedback and look forward to partnering with you to empower your voice in order to help us build better products.

Love a good process improvement. Thanks for sharing.

Hi @erin.brisson ,
I'm hoping you can help me with a quick question. Do I need to create all my already submitted ideas again? They are all marked as closed because I didn't create them with the template.

Hi @erin.brisson ,
I'm hoping you can help me with a quick question. Do I need to create all my already submitted ideas again? They are all marked as closed because I didn't create them with the template.

Hi @Lena, if they were submitted before the relaunch of the portal yesterday (September 30) and they have been ‘Closed’, it’s most likely due to the fact that there are no plans to work on them at this time. Please do not resubmit an old idea in the new template as the new template is for brand new ideas only. If you’d like to add more context to an existing idea, we highly recommend replying to the existing idea using the template. Thank you!!

I’m having some difficulty keeping track of the feature cards I’ve commented on. Specifically, I can't see the last update date, which makes it hard to know if there’s been any progress on the features I’m interested in.

Since I can’t provide feedback on all the cards at once, it’s challenging to remember which ones I've already engaged with and which ones I still need to address.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to better manage this? Is there a way to track my feedback or receive notifications about updates? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I’m having some difficulty keeping track of the feature cards I’ve commented on. Specifically, I can't see the last update date, which makes it hard to know if there’s been any progress on the features I’m interested in.

Since I can’t provide feedback on all the cards at once, it’s challenging to remember which ones I've already engaged with and which ones I still need to address.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to better manage this? Is there a way to track my feedback or receive notifications about updates? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Agree, not the easiest page to navigate plus the annoyance of having to enter then every your email each time you want to vote something up or post a comment…

I get that we need to get used to the new look and feel but it feels lie things are getting lost somehow...maybe just me...lol

I miss being able to see comments from others and the banter as the user community share workaround and ideal enhancements. 

@dianex.gomez Thank you for providing this feedback, I know there are some restrictions to the platform being used for our Roadmap but I can understand the frustration so I will dig a little deeper to see what I can find.