Question

Locked out account

• 28 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi! I have 2 employees that are locked out of Docebo account. Is this an easy fix? Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @carlossolisberg , are they locked out of your LMS platform?  Or out of their like support accounts?

If it is your employees that cannot log into your LMS platform (and you are not using SSO), the password on their user profile can be updated and then select the option to force the password to be changed.  Then your employees should be able to log in with what ever password you changed it to.

If it is like a support account with Docebo - like their ticketing account, I think they can select the option forgot my password option and they will have a password reset link sent to their email on file. 

Hi Thanks for the reply! we are though using SSO to log in. Is there another process when doing it this way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@carlossolisberg, Welcome - this may get a little technical - so take this as a fair warning.

There can be various reasons why a person is locked out of Docebo. If you all are using the SSO? You many want your technical team that is in charge of the tool to take a look at what errors are coming back in the console. Things you can control is if a person’s status is Active or Inactive OR if the person’s account expired. Those will cause a type of lockout to occur.

BUT...Beyond this beginning step - if for the most part the SSO is working? Organizations go towards this approach to offload the concerns of authentication from systems and establish a “single-sign on” method to get into apps that support it. Most IT teams working with it love it because it can cut down on your login issues by a magnitude when it is well implemented.

The SSO is typically governed by security rules similar to network credentials….so for example - if a person fails to log in after X times, the person’s account will lock itself out….that is then typically an internal problem at your org - and a call to a help desk can typically help the person unlock their credentials.

Sorry if this got too granualar….but your next steps - is check if the person is active/inactive/expired in Docebo. If not? Suspect the credentials for the SSO are failing - and approach your SSO team.