Skip to main content
Best Answer

Certification Renewal Change

• 25 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi,

We have changed a certification from “Never” expiring to 2 years renewal. 

However, this has not reflected on the existing  learners profiles who’s learning still shows as “Never” expiring.

So far we have only been able to Manually change a users certification to reflect the change. Is there any way of automating this process so all learners are reflective of needing to now recertify? 

Image below shows a users profile following the change of the certification renewal period. 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

The renewal date is set on issue, so it is correct that they haven’t changed retrospectively.

When I was in this situation, I exported them to a CSV and used Excel to set the relevant dates. Just make sure you get the right date format or it will throw a hissy fit when you re-import it.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I agree with Maz. Exporting the existing certifications via csv and then reupload them via csv into the certification area would be the best option in my experience. You could recalculate the expiration date column with a formula and make sure to check the box at upload that says, “Consider duplicate certifications as certification renewal”. Then the expiration dates will be reset in the platform to reflect the correction. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

you could also look at using the API’s to make this change...most functions on the LMS are only applicable from the moment they are added/updated so changing the renewal type on the cert itself wont change what was already issue...it’s similar to certificates...once a certificate is issued, if the details of what is included in the certificate change after the issue, you must delete and re-issue the certificate for the user to see the changes...

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab do you know what it would like to use the API’s to do something like this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@lrnlab do you know what it would like to use the API’s to do something like this?

Do you mean how to use them? If yes, I can only do 1 record at a time so when I need a large job done with APIs, I get my IT guys to do that...if you don't have any such support, you’re bets bet would be to do the export and re-import as mentioned above.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

This is correct. Renewal requirement are set when it is earned not when it is changed.  We have asked about this as well. Additionally  we are still trying to figure out how to make one thing a requirement to earn a certification and another thing (or group of things) a requirement to renew a certification.