Question

Edit Archived Certificate

• 10 April 2024
  • 4 replies

When we moved over to Docebo, we transferred over all of our historical course completions via API. After entering the completions, we did an archive and unenroll. We recently learned that our learners need a course certificate for those completions that shows the date they completed the course, which we didn’t previously include on the certificate template. From what I can tell, there is no way to unarchive an enrollment or delete and reissue the certificate. But I’m hoping someone out there knows something I don’t or has a creative solution for me. 

Is there an easy way to edit the certificate for those archived courses so they still show in Docebo, but with the completion date? Or another way to correct this issue so staff can access a dated completion certificate?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great question!!

We have inherited a similar situation where none of the course completion dates aligned with the certification due to manual uploads overriding automation and therefore all the renew now dates were incorrect - a huge compliance issue for us.

We needed to organise a SOW for a migration.  Not an easy fix for us.  I hope you find more joy - good luck

For the correct completion dates, you have to enter these manually for EVERY historical user. It took me weeks to do it for each user of each course. It was painful, and Docebo support was no help with this as they had no tool to do this automatically.

Userlevel 5
Badge

We took a slightly different approach to this that maybe you can use. When we switchted to Docebo a year ago we ended up depreciating a lot of our lder classes especially those that had been ILT or event based.

So rather than recreating a class in Docebo enrolling people and dealing with archiving. We created external trainings and then imported student records that way.

This gave us the ability to fill out actual dates of attendance and completion. AND we could still bulk import enrollments into the classes so it kept manual entry to a minimum.

You can even upload certificates to completed external trainings. We chose not to do this and have not received any complaints.  

We put some rules in place to figure out how to import records. 

If the class was depreciated i.e. had date specific certificates of completion

1. Create an external training course with dates that matched reality
  2. Enroll students into external training

If the class was not depreciated and student was complete in it

1. Enroll students into newly created class
  2. Marke them all as complete

If the class was not depreciated and student was not complete

1. Enroll student in newly created class
  2. progression is reset

Like I said, this was a different approach and since our date specific classes were all associated with live training it worked for us. Had we needed to add elearning completions with specific dates, I would have done the same thing just created an external training for those with a relative close date. 

Hope this helps 

David

Userlevel 3

Here is some options our team reviewed and might be helpful to you.  

They can import the certifications via CSV...  for Multiple versions of the same certifications, they MIGHT CONSIDER modifying the older version Course Code and Title slightly so they can just run one CSV to update as opposed to multiple CSV's for each certification cycle..…

Secondly: 

collect a report or extract from the Archived Courses, they could set up the Certificate template (with date) then do a historical Migration (Batch Import Enrollments) using those original records' dates.
That would issue the "new" version of the certificate showing the correct date... But then they'll have two records for the same completion - which I imagine would both ultimately get archived( not ideal but could work , especially if you plan to archive)  Also potentially delete the old one.    

Just some options to think through.  

Happy to talk through with you , and see how we might assist.