Best Answer

Power User Can't Edit Filter On Report

• 6 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5

Greetings!

I have created a report called Course Enrollments On Demand that can be used to pull all enrollees in a particular course by changing the filters. I have made it accessible to all superadmins and power users. The idea is that any power user could edit the filters to pull the enrollments from any course they’d like.

However, even with All Permissions set for Reports, my power users can’t access the filters to change them. They can only see the report preview. That is less than ideal.

My L&D power users need the ability to run Course Enrollment and ILT Enrollment reports for their courses on demand, and they want more information than just the names of the enrollees that can be pulled from the Reports section of Course Management. Is there any way to give them that access?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Jen

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 6 September 2023, 15:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just had a look and I see what you're saying...I think the idea is that whomever created the report owns it and only a super can edit other admins’ reports. When shared with PU’s they can only preview or export but not edit the report; that said, they can duplicate the report and then edit it. Not exactly what you're looking for but it does maintain the integrity of the original report.

If any PU could edit and report shared with them, that could quickly make the report useless for other PUs/super admins.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I got burned on something similar and discovered that the power user needs rights down to the user level for all course enrollees to see reporting information. I think this is a big issue. IMHO if the power user has access to the course, they should be able to see and report on attendees and enrolled users without having full access to the user records.

Userlevel 5

Thank you! I didn’t realize that when I gave Power Users access to report, that it was only view access. I impersonated the power user and created a copy of my report. They can now edit the filters.

Thanks again!

Jen

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Glad that helped 

Badge

Thanks for your post! I was looking for a solution to this as well. 

It would be great if when selecting the option “All super admins and selected power users” that the selected power users would have edit access to that same report. Our reporting section is getting messy and creating duplicates is not ideal.