Best Answer

Report Showing Course Completion with Learning Plan Name

• 11 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello! 

I have an administrator who needs to provide a report summarizing the following: “Staff member x works for hospice. For Q1, they had 2 base plan courses + 3 hospice courses + 3 corporate courses. For the quarter, they completed 6/8 courses = 75%.”

From what I’ve been reading, there is not a custom report that shows course completion along with the Learning Plan, so the best solution I have come up with for now is to create a custom report that shows Learning Plan completion by division so that she can see which Learning Plans those learners are assigned to. From there, she can then go to the Custom User Report - Courses to see everyone’s course completion rates for those Learning Plans.

Is there a better way to do this? I feel like I’m overthinking it. 

icon

Best answer by dianex.gomez 11 April 2024, 20:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Unfortunately - I believe I asked a similar question recently just to check my insanity and I believe you are spot on. You can report on A (Learning Plan/Learning Plan Progress). Or B (Course/Course Progress). But not A and B in the same report from something currently available in the reporting tools. It is something sorely missing.

Userlevel 5
Badge

That is correct. There are reports that Docebo can build for you with Query Build that will do this.

Or you can take a course report and learning plan report and build it in Power BI or merge the tables (Merge Tables in Excel Using Power Query (Step-by-Step Guide) (trumpexcel.com)). I have done this in the past, in Excel and it is not too bad. I haven’t done much with it in Power BI.

We have the External DB and have Power BI pull the data and generate dashboards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kfontanini - gee I wrote this up a few years ago

Course and Learning Plan Reporting - "Include mapped items" as an option | Community (docebo.com)

Unfortunately - I believe I asked a similar question recently just to check my insanity and I believ you are spot on. You can report on A (Learning Plan/Learning Plan Progress). Or B (Course/Course Progress). But not A and B in the same report from something currently available in the reporting tools. It is something sorely missing.

Darn it. I just finished reading your post and saw it was a year old, so I was hoping maybe something had changed in the background or someone knew something I didn’t. I upvoted a couple of ideas regarding this today as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The learning plan status report is great if you want a summary of who is complete, in progress, and not started.

@kfontanini 
Here is a little trick I started using when I need to get to the course level. It works best if the courses in your learning plans are only in one learning plan, otherwise you have to get more creative with the codes. 
Leverage the course code to identify the LP for each course. Then create users-courses report for all 8 learning plans using the learning plans as filters and be sure to bring course code into your report. You can sort on code or do a data transformation from code to learning plan name(s) for your final report.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@kfontanini - also be aware that if you pull a course report for all of your courses. Select all of the basic course properties and then also the Usage report, then the Usage report shows which courses are in which Learning Plans.

The learning plan status report is great if you want a summary of who is complete, in progress, and not started.

Here is a little trick I started using when I need to get to the course level. It works best if the courses in your learning plans are only in one learning plan, otherwise you have to get more creative with the codes. 
Leverage the course code to identify the LP for each course. Then create users-courses report for all 8 learning plans using the learning plans as filters and be sure to bring course code into your report. You can sort on code or do a data transformation from code to learning plan name(s) for your final report.

Thank you! I’ll have to try this out! I hadn’t thought about taking advantage of those course codes. We do have one course that shows up on multiple Learning Plans, so that will be a challenge, but for other courses, we already had to make duplicate versions to set up different due dates for new hires.