Question

Require Admin Approval for VILT Session

• 1 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

We currently have a VILT setup to require admin approval for course enrollment. Is possible to require admin approval for enrollment into a session? If so, where do I find this setting? Thank you in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 4

You can limit the time a person can self enroll by going into the session and selecting properties.  You then select details.   You can create a self enrollment deadline by date or ...etc  See below.   If you want you can setup the deadline to be the date that you publish the session.   Thus effectively blocking the user out of self enrolling and thus putting any enrollment into the Admins hands.  

We typically have our Admins do the enrollment into the session and event and do not allow the users to self enroll.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is also the option to set that setting at the course shell.  Under the Catalog Options of the Course Properties, you can select “Pending Admin Approval”.

If a user who is self-enrolling will be able to select the session they want to be enrolled into, but they will be waitlisted on the session until an Admin (or Power User) approves the enrollment.

Userlevel 4

There is also the option to set that setting at the course shell.  Under the Catalog Options of the Course Properties, you can select “Pending Admin Approval”.

If a user who is self-enrolling will be able to select the session they want to be enrolled into, but they will be waitlisted on the session until an Admin (or Power User) approves the enrollment.

Yes I was going to go with that as well as that is part of how we do it here as well.   But when I read the initial question it looks as thought they have already addressed that by saying that “We currently have a VILT setup to require admin approval for course enrollment”   So I assumed they already knew that for the course.   If not,  then you are spot on and it is what we do as well.

Userlevel 2

@Eric M VanAuken and @Annarose.Peterson Thank you so much for the responses. I do have the admin approval set at the course level. When reading the documentation it sounded as if there was an additional setting for enrollment approval into the session. I think I will just go with having the Admin enroll the user into a session when approving the enrollment into the course. Thanks again!

Userlevel 4

@Eric M VanAuken and @Annarose.Peterson Thank you so much for the responses. I do have the admin approval set at the course level. When reading the documentation it sounded as if there was an additional setting for enrollment approval into the session. I think I will just go with having the Admin enroll the user into a session when approving the enrollment into the course. Thanks again!

We do that as well

We are trying that, but the notification is not working. We have a course, and it is set for self-enrollment and pending admin approval. We use the user waiting to be approved into ILT notification and set to instructors only, but when someone enrolls into the session, they get you were approved into this session email instead. Any suggestions?