Question

Web-Browser System Requirements and Trouble Shooting

• 9 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Good afternoon everyone,

Does anyone have a template email they provide to their customers or users that describes pros and cons or even better trouble shooting tips for using docebo in various web browsers. I have a link to a KBA that provides information related to “System Requirements”. However, what I am really interested in something that helps users when they experiencing issues using browsers other than the recommended system, Chrome.

Thanks,

Seth 

4 replies

Userlevel 2

We are using the “Pages” module and have created a Help Center that includes walk throughs/job aids for common tasks or troubleshooting

the above is a clip from the main Help Center page where users may select the article.

This is all done using the HTML widget inside pages.
you will have to create a user menu so that users have a link to the help center page.
you also need a second hidden menu that has every article in it. then you assign the users to the menu. 
this way when they open their menu its not 50 trouble shooting guides.

Userlevel 2

Jeremy, this is an awesome idea!!! I am insanely new to Docebo and LMSs. Would you be open at some point to doing a virtual meeting and let me see your set-up with this? I am a visual learner and it helps. No worries, if you are either busy or not comfortable. Just thought I’d ask. And, again, thanks for the help!

Userlevel 2

Jeremy, this is an awesome idea!!! I am insanely new to Docebo and LMSs. Would you be open at some point to doing a virtual meeting and let me see your set-up with this? I am a visual learner and it helps. No worries, if you are either busy or not comfortable. Just thought I’d ask. And, again, thanks for the help!

Sent you message sir.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’ve created a page like others that has help and info for users on these issues.

I did also add a link to a website (there are a few to pick from) that has pre-configured settings to check the end user web browser and tell them if they meet the spec.

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/minimum-system-requirements/view?javascript=enabled&cookies=enabled&cookies-third-party=enabled&browser=latest&hardware-type=computer

This is the website I have been using with some success and reduced helpdesk tickets.