Best Answer

Course UX - AWS and Docebo U - templates??

• 10 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I notice that AWS skill builder and Docebo University both have the same responsive full page course design with table of contents on the left, and scrollable content for 80% of the interface. The content then includes flip cards, tabs, accordions, videos, images, text, and quizzes in similar styles, although the Amazon version is slightly cleaner.

I am interested in replicating this look for at least some of the e-learning courses on my platform. Since these are so similar, is there a “standard” method to achieve this look and functionality? I can design this if needed, but hoping there are shortcuts in the form of templates, etc. to expedite.

Here are the two examples of the look and function I am referencing:
https://explore.skillbuilder.aws/learn/course/134/play/99519/aws-cloud-practitioner-essentials

https://university.docebo.com/learn/courses/534/docebo-for-microsoft-teams/lessons/2587:550/docebo-for-microsoft-teams-embedding-and-sharing-training

Screenshots:

Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated… thanks. :)

icon

Best answer by JeanetteMcVeigh 10 April 2024, 12:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I am not any expert on this, but I Docebo uses Articulate Rise 360 (I asked them about their courses once) to create their courses. I have played around a little bit in Rise and there are templates that Articulate provides that should help. Hope that helps a little. 😀

Interesting. I wonder if AWS does the same and this layout is actually from Articulate.  I will investigate that possibility - thanks so much! 💡

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Interesting. I wonder if AWS does the same and this layout is actually from Articulate.  I will investigate that possibility - thanks so much! 💡

I can confirm that layout is 100% a result of using Articulate Rise for the course development. I use Articulate products for our course development. Both Rise and Storyline have some hallmarks that you can learn to spot. Kind of like how you recognize the music from your favorite rock group. While each song is different it has a telltale sound that you can recognize.