CSS to hide Follow Channel functionality

• 29 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We've heard a lot of excitement from many of you about the new Follow Channels functionality. The two new notifications, New Content in Followed Channel and Digest: New Content in Followed Channels will not be configured or activated by default in your platform. Choosing not to configure these notifications will result in minimal impact of the feature on your learners. They'd only see a new Followed tab on the All Channels page (see the Following Channels section of the Managing Channels and Their Content knowledge article).

Additionally, if you'd like to turn on notifications, your learners still have the ability to disable notifications for channels they follow as shown in the July 2022 release webinar (see 15:00 in the Release Webinar recording).

If you'd like to hide the ability for your learners to follow channels in Docebo Learn altogether, you can use the following CSS to do so:

ui-carousel .dcb-ui-carousel-additional {
display: none!important;
}

ui-carousel .ui-carousel-header.dcb-ui-carousel-extended {
flex-direction: row!important;
}

doc-channels-page dcb-ui-tabs-horizontal-header {
display: none;
}

doc-channels-page {
box-shadow: 0px 3px 4px -2px var(--ui-color-layout-shadow) inset;
}

doc-channel-follow {
}

#page-title__wrapper .followers-count {
}

.dcs-channel-follow__sub-title .followers-count ~ doc-channel-experts:before {
}

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you @Marco.T!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The notifications aren’t sending for me at the moment. Is there a trick to getting them to work? Other than what was said on the webinar (ie activating the notifications on followed channels, and turning on the notification in the notification centre)

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hello @Lucy.blake , I’m Marco PM for this area

from what I can see from your screenshot your configuration is correct, can you please contact our Support to investigate further on the issue you are facing.

Thanks 

Marco

Userlevel 5
Badge

I don’t understand why so many new releases don’t come with a toggle to turn them off if you don’t want them. Seems like it’s pretty lazy to release something and then the only way to turn it off is by adding CSS code. Is this the best Docebo can do? Really?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Marco.T I was notified this morning that the notifications were FINALLY available for accounts that do not use Discover, Coach, and Share. However, after setting up the notifications and testing the feature, the notifications are not being deployed. I placed a ticket, and have not received an update that this has been resolved yet. I am very frustrated, as we communicated that this feature would be coming to our users several weeks ago. Please Help!

This should be a toggle feature in the UI. CSS hacks are difficult to maintain and do not fundamentally disable a feature, they only ‘hide’ the feature.

Userlevel 4
Badge

This CSS was exactly what I was looking for to hide this functionality. Agreed a toggle would be ideal for new features, but thankful I can hide it none the less.