Hide ability to invite all channel users to view asset

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Like a few others here, I’ve been concerned about the ability of users to invite an entire channel’s user base to view an asset, but seem to have found a CSS fix.

Problem

I’ve altered our language pack to remove any reference to inviting a channel, but the search box still returns channel results, e.g. if searching for someone called ‘Sofia’, typing ‘sof’ will autocomplete to our global ‘Soft Skills’ channels with thousands of users…

BEFORE

Solution

/* AM - Prevent invitations to all channel users */
.inviting-search-multiselect .text-basic-size:has(.additional-info){
display: none!important;
}
  • .inviting-search-multiselect being the search bar on the Invite pop-out
  • .text-basic-size being the individual search results
  • :has specifying only search results which also include the number of channel users (.additional-info)

This results in users still being selectable, but channels not!

AFTER

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Amazing! Thank you! Mind if I ask what you localized the language to be? I just removed all text and replaced it with a space, but I am not sure if you have a better option.

Userlevel 1

Sure! I wanted users to still invite other users, just to remove any temptation to invite an entire channel. So...

• Invite to watch > Invite to view (you don’t ‘watch’ formats like documents / links 😂)
  • Search for users or channels to invite > Search for users to invite
  • User or channel name > User name

The CSS above was just the final fix to remove any ability to still invite an entire channel by mistake.

Userlevel 2

Thank you again!