How to hide "remove from my Team" option for Managers

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you are like us, we do not let managers manage and update their own teams. This is usually done by user updates by a centralized admin team, or via a connector that automatically updates user profiles. We needed a way to prevent managers from removing users from their teams as this could affect things like reporting and assignments.

Here’s a quick CSS snippet you can use to hide that option:

/*Hide "Remove from My Team" in My Teams*/

a.action-can_remove_relation {

display: none !important;

}

You can add this to your “7.0 Custom CSS” block under Configure Branding and Look. This code can also be used on sub-domains only if you prefer to have a group with the option to remove and another without.

TIP: if you want to the code but make it ‘inactive’, you can “comment” it out by moving the “*/” to AFTER the last bracket…..it would look like this:

/*Hide "Remove from My Team" in My Teams

a.action-can_remove_relation {

display: none !important;

}*/

gstager 1 year ago

Here is a current update to this topic.

Issue:

Looking to remove the following  Remove from Team  options from team member cards and pop up menu when multiple cards are selected.

Resolution:

Here is the code for both items.

/** Hide the Remove from Team option from cards **/
.team-member-card__actions div.ui-button-dropdown-menu.ui-shadow-md ui-button-dropdown-option:nth-child(4){
display: none;
}

/** Hide the Remove from Team option from pop up menu **/
a.action-can_remove_relation {
display: none !important;
}

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lrnlab , This is a great hack - but this left an interesting gap.

When a manager selects multiple “cards”, the Manager can see a choice to remove people from their team. You wouldn’t have happened to isolate that as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @dklinger good catch! Hadn't realized there was another option there...perhaps @Adam Ballhaussen can track down the code for us? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @dklinger, I’m happy to try and help here. Could you please share a screenshot that shows what area of the platform you’re referring to? I want to make sure I understand what functionality you’re hoping to hide.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Adam Ballhaussen - No worries. Ya know? I think I got it.

Ok - so I used the inspector in my browser - put my “CSS” hat on and found that you can isolate this  element by doing the following:

/*Hide "Remove from My Team" in My Teams

a.action-remove_from_team.ellipsis-link {

}

*/

Like @lrnlab CSS code above, this is currently commented out - so if you want this to work? You need to remove the comments for this to take effect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@dklinger so awesome. Nice work figuring this one out on your own (with the help of @lrnlab’s initial guidance, of course) and thanks for posting the solution back here for others in the future!

hello all,

we have been using this to restrict managers from removing people from their team.  we are using a feed from Active DIrectory and don’t want managers to use this features.  Unfortunately, it looks like the latest release of Docebo doesn’t work with the above CSS code.  I have reached out with to Support and opened a ticket but I have not heard back yet. Does anyone of an update for this that would work? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Good catch @jritter checked my sandbox and can see that option once again…

@Adam Ballhaussen can you assist with getting us the proper updated CSS to hide this option? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @jritter, I’m sorry you haven’t heard back from support. So you’re aware, we do not guarantee backwards compatibility of custom CSS, and our support team will not help customers directly with custom CSS changes. Here’s an excerpt from our Configuring the Branding Look and Feel of your Platform knowledge article:

Your customized CSS could be affected by new releases. In this case, any backward-compatibility with your code is not guaranteed.

I’m not much of a CSS guru myself, but I can do some digging internally to see if someone might be able to help out on this thread.

In the meantime I’m tapping in @gstager who seems to almost always have the answer when it comes to custom CSS. Greg, any chance you could help us out here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Adam Ballhaussen - thanks for the shout out. I can try to take a peek.

We’re still going thru onboarding and I only have a handful of accounts in the platform with no teams or managers setup yet at this point. As such - I am a little in the dark related to the request as I have not yet encountered it myself.

It may be a good excuse to start doing some testing in that area.

I will create a “dummy team” with a few test accounts and see if I can block myself from removing them.

A screenshot of the offending link would certainly help, though.

Stay tuned...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OK - here is my attempt to tackle this idea.

Give it a shot and see if it works for you.

I am not sure what the extent of that dropdown menu could be but my ‘Remove Team Member’ option was always the 4th option in the list.

I based this code off of that. I suppose if the option is a different one down in the list you could adjust the nth-child value accordingly.

As always - test other areas.

/** Team Member Card - Hide the Remove Team Member Option**/
.team-member-card__actions div.ui-button-dropdown-menu.ui-shadow-md ui-button-dropdown-option:nth-child(4){
}

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@gstager to the rescue! yes that works. THANK YOU! Now we just need the same for the same option under the Chaos Action button (once you select more then 1 user); if you have some extra time 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ahhh….

I was looking in the wrong spot. I never even saw that come up. I selected two and didn’t see the option… LOL

I will take another look.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@gstager you’re a legend! If you can share snippets for both sections in your next post, I’ll pin the post to the top of this thread to help others looking to accomplish this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lrnlab - looks like the original item you posted works for that.

/** Remove the link from CHOOSE ACTION button that appears with multiple selections **/
}

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@gstager you’re a legend! If you can share snippets for both sections in your next post, I’ll pin the post to the top of this thread to help others looking to accomplish this.

OK - I will combine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here is a current update to this topic.

Issue:

Looking to remove the following  Remove from Team  options from team member cards and pop up menu when multiple cards are selected.

Resolution:

Here is the code for both items.

/** Hide the Remove from Team option from cards **/
}

/** Hide the Remove from Team option from pop up menu **/
}

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

fantastic @gstager ! you got ‘em both. Thank you.

Thank you so very much!!  it worked!

just incase anyone needs the code to remove the option for managers to  “enroll in Courses”

/** Hide the Enroll in Courses option from cards **/
.team-member-card__actions div.ui-button-dropdown-menu.ui-shadow-md ui-button-dropdown-option:nth-child(2){
}

/** Hide the Enroll in Courses option from My Team option pop up **/
a.action-can_enroll_to_course {
}

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks as always @gstager!

To everyone else, as Greg mentioned, please check that this doesn’t have adverse effects on other areas of your platform, and be sure to accurately document this change. This will help you easily troubleshoot any issues should they arise due to a future release.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Many thanks 🙏

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks.  However, frankly disappointed that this isn’t a function provided by Docebo to turn off as a superadmin. User admin is provided by our HRIS and we certainly don’t want managers to be able to remove users from their Team. Seems silly that we need to resort to CSS and then make sure updates don’t alter the behavior. Just my two cents. 

Thanks.  However, frankly disappointed that this isn’t a function provided by Docebo to turn off as a superadmin. User admin is provided by our HRIS and we certainly don’t want managers to be able to remove users from their Team. Seems silly that we need to resort to CSS and then make sure updates don’t alter the behavior. Just my two cents. 

Hi @Jill Allen, I posted an idea about this, in case you would like to upvote 😉 
Unfortunately the status has been set to “already exists in product”, even though it is only possible with this workaround via css.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Please see the new thread addressing this issue with additional Manager levels.

I have a less than ideal workaround.

Perhaps a CSS expert could find a better solution.

Thank you @IngerCnudde for bringing the issue to light.