Best Answer

How to keep comments in HTML training material code editor?

• 8 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Helper II
  • 26 replies

I only just started out using some HTML for HTML training material by copying some code from somewhere else and playing around with it. I made some <!-- … --> comments to mark what was what, but they disappear once I save the code. Any way to change keep them in there?

Is there anything else that gets stripped?

icon

Best answer by sjennings78 8 February 2022, 13:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

We have noticed that some code does get stripped or ignored.  For this and other reasons, we have taken to doing all of our HTML code outside of Docebo (such as in DreamWeaver) and storing those HTML files on our local network, then copy/paste it into Docebo.  We do all edits that way - no matter how small.  That way we also have a backup of all HTML widgets stored outside of Docebo.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I started using Notepad++ as well, but I was hoping to keep things easy-to-maintain for the client by having it all in one system. But thanks for confirming!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Same, we were saving all of our HTML outside of the system in Dreamweaver or Notepad.

Userlevel 4

We have noticed that some code does get stripped or ignored.  For this and other reasons, we have taken to doing all of our HTML code outside of Docebo (such as in DreamWeaver) and storing those HTML files on our local network, then copy/paste it into Docebo.  We do all edits that way - no matter how small.  That way we also have a backup of all HTML widgets stored outside of Docebo.

I do this also but when I paste the code into the newsletter, the Docebo HTML editor changes and adds extra code that totally messes up the newsletter. Has anyone else had this happen? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Same, we were saving all of our HTML outside of the system in Dreamweaver or Notepad.

Its also just a good practice to do this even if the system held all content as is. First, always good to have backups seperate from the system in case system updates cause issues. Second, multiiple admin editors can result in whoopsies that need correcting :)