Best Answer

Permanently turn off "Contextual Help" tooltips

• 21 December 2021
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

It would be great not to have to close the contextual tool tips each time I open a new tab or window - very distracting and frustrating.

icon

Best answer by nick.tosto 11 February 2022, 21:13

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
Updated idea statusNewAlready exists in product
Userlevel 7
Badge

@danwinter the team mentioned that this can be done via css:

/*Hide contextual help*/
div.internal-header-suggestion-balloons{
display: none !important;
}

Userlevel 4
Badge

@erin.brisson from what I can tell (and is confirmed by @lrnlab), the solution you provided will hide the Contextual Help item from the menu bar, but the balloons still pop up. With that in place, the learner is then forced to dismiss the balloons one at a time instead of being able to dismiss them all with a click of that button. We really need a way to tell the system to just not show the balloons. When people spend any amount of time in it, they are crazy-making.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Userlevel 4

Yes please do, very annoying to have to click these every time you open a new window :disappointed:

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi everyone, I’m not a css expert but I think I know someone who is so I’m going to use my phone a friend to tag in @nick.tosto to see if he can help with this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

The first CSS code should hide the question mark icon in the top right:

/*Hide contextual help*/
}

and this CSS should hide the pop up boxes themselves:

.bg-main.docebo-balloon.color-white {
    display: none;
}

Userlevel 4

Adding the CSS is great, but not “implemented in product”. I can’t find where to turn the contextual help off, if it is built in.

Userlevel 4
Badge

The first CSS code should hide the question mark icon in the top right, but this CSS should hide the pop up boxes themselves:

}

THANK YOU so much!!! This seems to have did the trick! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

/*Hide contextual help*/
}

}

This does mean it’s permanent and all-encompassing, right? So it will not even show for folks who might (even helpfully) need it on the first log-in?
Does anyone know if it impacts things like the Time Zone reminder if folks change time zones while using the platform?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi all, just wanted to say be careful with putting CSS into your site. If you have a sandbox test CSS changes in it first as I have locked up my site requiring Docebo support to fix what I did by mistake. My entire site was unavailable for a day. I made a small mistake in my CSS code and it caused the pages to fail loading, and would not happen all the time but in this case it did.

So CSS is our friend and we can do wonderful things with it, but without a sandbox site to test it in first, I will not make CSS changes which is annoying.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@willingworth yes the code would always apply, even if the user hasn’t seen the pop-ups before. It’s worth noting that I don’t think there are any occasions where a user would see these pop-ups. I believe they only ever appear to Superadmins and Power Users.  

The code shouldn’t affect those other pop-ups relating to managers or time zones that sometimes appear when a user first logs in. It should only apply to those contextual help buttons. But as @jckemv mentions, you should always be careful when adding CSS to your site as mistakes can have large impact and changes to the backend code by Docebo could introduce effects that didn’t originally apply when the CSS was added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It;’s all nice to have CSS code to do this but it’s not always reliable...would prefer if Docebo gave us the option to leave them ON or turn OFF as part of the product.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Submitted an idea to create a global on/off setting and to persist the user’s choice in turning it on/off.

Please upvote!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Adding the CSS is great, but not “implemented in product”. I can’t find where to turn the contextual help off, if it is built in.

Agree, a CSS change should not be considered already exists in product. Additionally, what is really missing here is memory, the context balloons are helpful, initially, but once I’ve dismissed them, that should be remembered, not show all, all the time.

Badge

Did this CSS change work, is it done from the Docebo CSS change section or on the site?

Badge

/*Hide contextual help*/
}

}

Did you make the changes from  inspect element section, can you share a screenshot?

Without the “Source “Tab how is your changes appearing? Can you please respond as I need to make changes for my organisation?

Badge

The first CSS code should hide the question mark icon in the top right, but this CSS should hide the pop up boxes themselves:

}

THANK YOU so much!!! This seems to have did the trick! 

Did you make the changes from  inspect element section, can you share a screenshot?

Without the “Source “Tab how is your changes appearing? Can you please respond as I need to make changes for my organization?

Badge

It would be great not to have to close the contextual tool tips each time I open a new tab or window - very distracting and frustrating.

Without the “Source “Tab how is your changes appearing? Can you please respond as I need to make changes for my organisation?

Userlevel 4

Based on what the comments imply, the blue question mark should be gone. It is not. But I have not seen the flags yet. Could someone please let me know if the blue question mark should still be there? This is my first time tinkering with the CSS.

Hey, this worked yesterday, but the question mark now appears. Did something change, or does something need to be updated?