Best Answer

Widget Scroll Bar

• 11 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello! I am hoping some one can help me. At one point we added a scroll bar with a forced height to out Activity Stream widget on our home page. This has since stopped working. Does anyone have any advise on how I can modify the CCS to have it work again?

/* Added scroll bar for Activity Stream Widget on page*/

#doc-widget-31 {

height: 450px;

overflow:scroll

}

icon

Best answer by dwilburn 15 April 2024, 19:55

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi - this is gonna sound silly coming from me. 

But from what you posted - the syntax for your css looks like it is missing a  }

Check if it is as simple as that???

Userlevel 2

@dklinger I just forgot to copy that in the post. I promise it is in the script. I also tried increasing the height as I thought maybe the widgets being populated were blocking it from working. Also no luck. I am trying to make sure it is being pulled to the correct widget but I am struggling. I am new to the CCS world! 

Userlevel 2

Following up on this. I guess the widget number changed. Wondering how often this may happen.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@emily.mason I’m curious, what kind of widget is it? Mine adds a scroll bar automatically if the height of the widget is higher than the widget height set in options.

I am also trying to see if I can tell anything in the developer tools of the browser. I have seen that used for these sorts of things before.

Userlevel 2

@emily.mason I’m curious, what kind of widget is it? Mine adds a scroll bar automatically if the height of the widget is higher than the widget height set in options.

I am also trying to see if I can tell anything in the developer tools of the browser. I have seen that used for these sorts of things before.

@dwilburn It was the Activity Stream widget. I did have a height set but the widget number changed from 31 to 117 for some reason and I didn’t catch that. I am not sure why that change occurred either.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@emily.mason - that is fair, I tried to limit that one in the past and it did not work. You would think that they would have it so that if you limited the height then it would have a scroll bar.

Userlevel 2

@dwilburn if you can identify the widget number, the above code did work and result in the scroll bar functioning on our home page. I highly recommend implementing it so users can benefit from seeing activity in your platform.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@emily.mason - First I added the Activity Stream to my SuperAdmin page. I named the widget Activity Stream. Then I went to the API explorer.

Services = Pages

API Reference = Pages > Listing pages - here I pulled a list of pages and dumped that text into Notepad ++ and found the ID for my SuperAdmin page

API Reference = Pages > Get Single page information - here I put the ID for my page in and in that text it returned the It shows the ID of all of the widgets.

{
"id": "471",
"position": 19,
"type": "activitiesstream",
"name": {
"type": "single_value",
"value": "Activity Stream",
"values": []
},
"settings": {
"assignToAll": true,
"allowComments": true,