Question

How to submit test/survey/poll answers via the API

• 29 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’m trying to find a way to import responses into a survey/poll on behalf of a student using the API.  Let me explain why…

We want to make Docebo the central database of all training, including exams and course evaluations--even those that are completed outside the LMS.  In order to pull this off, I need to find a way to import question by question results into the LMS.  I suspect that the process to bring in course evaluations would be very similar to that of actual exams, and might be possible through what is documented here:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/11489147129234

My problem is figuring out how to figure out the IDs of individual questions that are part of an exam or survey/poll.

For example, I can use this endpoint through the API Browser and pull back the info on one of my tests:

/learn/v1/lo/{id}

However, that doesn’t tell me the question-level info such as the question IDs.  Has anyone figured out how to retrieve those?  Even better, has anyone got working automation they can share for submitting test/survey/poll answers into Docebo though the API?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Following along as curious what folks might know.