Seeking best practices for Shopify Integration

• 23 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello! Is anyone using the Shopify integration who’d be willing to share what you’re doing? We’ve had problems with the way products/courses display and were hoping that someone in the community may have figured out a work around. 

6 replies

Hi, I am just getting started with the Shopify integration and would be willing to discuss challenges and accomplishments and share some ideas.

Docebo and Shopify don’t play nicely. With the new Docebo Connect that my company was pushed into for a fee after the rug was pulled out from underneath us is supposed to work better, but we will see. We are still in development with a Docebo rep to get us up and running. And the last thing I would want to do is use Docebo’s e-commerce platform as it looks like top of the line 1999.

That’s a pity. We haven’t yet adopted the new connector and are exploring all options before choosing which works best for us. We were assured that the new connector would be stable and much better than the previous free tool.

That’s a pity. We haven’t yet adopted the new connector and are exploring all options before choosing which works best for us. We were assured that the new connector would be stable and much better than the previous free tool.

Docebo Connect looks EXTREMELY capable. But too complicated to set things up as a normal user. We have to now pay a docebo developer to help you set things up. BUT, they have a lot of Shopify “recipes” or functions already built. So its pretty plug and play, but if you did want some custom features, they have the ability to create them for you which is kinda of cool :)

Userlevel 1

@Dimplepwr : We are also looking for a replacement for the eCommerce functionality offered by Docebo and are considering Shopify.

Can you tell me if Shopify is easily customizable (we have access to developers for this)? We'd like to be able to create a properly branded catalog for people to browse through and offer them a sensible route/navigation to find the courses that would best suit their profile. Simply showing the courses and offering a search box would not do it for us.

In addition, we want to connect to MS Business Central to store information about all transactions in our Finance system. Would you know if that is possible?

We are looking for the same. Would love to hear from others if they got Docebo connect to work for them. Some best practices would be great.