Applications online have closed - please message me on LinkedIn if you are interested!
About the job
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
What We Do In OD&L
Tripadvisor’s Organizational Development & Leadership team works with key stakeholders throughout the business to identify opportunities to increase organizational effectiveness through planned changes. A key part of supporting the business through these planned changes, is to source or create development and training opportunities for employees across all levels of the organization. With a primary focus on career moments that matter, the Learning Technologist is responsible for creating engaging and accessible learning materials, and is the primary owner of our Learning Management System. As an example, this starts with expediting a new hire’s integration to the company throughout the 90 day onboarding process, by using our systems to create compelling and accessible learning content.
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, a history of helping customers achieve value by driving product adoption, and a passion for development. This role will require you to work cross-functionally to ensure Tripadvisor delivers a best-in-class learning experience. Success in the role will require a tech-savvy self-starter with a people-first process oriented mindset, and the ability to leverage our industry leading technology to create ongoing meaningful employee engagements.
What You’ll Do
- Consult and collaborate with key stakeholders, and subject matter experts to gain an understanding of the learning objectives for new e-learning courses, and work together to design and develop engaging and accessible learning materials for a global audience.
- Use creative problem solving and design thinking to develop and enhance alternative approaches to development experiences
- Build and deploy assets for a variety of delivery channels: eLearning, blended learning, game-based learning, instructor-led learning, and performance support tools
- Creating learning content using live action video captures to composite post-production, VFX, multimedia interactives, software simulations, motion graphics, animated videos, user interfaces, photos and illustrations.
- Pursuing a deep understanding of learner roles to ensure that learning solutions meet the needs of learners.
- The role will also provide technical support required to maintain and support the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) ensuring a consistent learner experience.
- Own, optimize, drive adoption, maintain and support our LMS ensuring a consistent learner experience. This includes managing the relationship with our LMS vendor.
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in designing online instructional activities to support adult learners in eLearning.
- Advanced experience in learner-focused design and learning technologies, such as Captivate, Articulate360/Storyline, Camtasia, Rise, or Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects); ability to quickly learn and integrate new technologies.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, visual design, or related field a plus
- Experience in creating and compositing live action video recordings
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design best practices; demonstrated experience applying this knowledge to distill complex concepts into intuitive and engaging experiences.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication, including ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and levels of the organization.
- Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and delivering results.
- Experience collaborating with multiple leaders, SMEs, front-line managers, and frontline employees.
- Experience administering Learning Management Systems
- A work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and instructional design theory will be required as part of the interview process.
- Roll up your sleeves mentality and willingness to solve problems and make improvements
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.