Best practices for moving a person through a course

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi - so we have Docebo content and Go1 as a content aggregator.

Go1 puts up this big you have completed the course message when a person is done with the course and we find ourselves consistently troubleshooting because we get these notes that people are done...but they are only done with the training material, and not another component to the course.

I took the advice to add an HTML page to get people going through the course the smoothest was possible to let the person know that they have to keep on going.

Trying to make it clear.

But folks still struggle. I am curious - what are others doing to help people move through Go1 content and to keep their folks engaged successfully to complete all of their tasks.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

can you change your end object marker to the last object they need to complete? Perhaps seeing them “in progress” would help them figure out there’s more to do…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Learning lab - that has been done...the root of the problem is Go1. Go1 puts up this huge modal popup thing in a that shows a person as completed.

It doesnt help the experience at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Oh you mean for the object itself? or for the overall course?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Learning lab - that has been done...the root of the problem is Go1. Go1 puts up this huge modal popup thing in a that shows a person as completed.

It doesnt help the experience at all.

So just to clarify, its multiple pieces of content, each claiming the course is done, before it really is and you can’t control that message. My immediate question is, does it need to be in one course or can they be separated into their own shells to avoid the confusion and then use like learning plans to assign and show process?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I can do a 1:1 and deliver it as a learning plan. The problem is when something looks like this….they think they are “done”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oh you mean for the object itself? or for the overall course?

@lrnlab The object itself does it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@dklinger hmm, I see how that can be misleading…

may be a stretch but have you looked to see if you can change the text displayed via the Localization app? If you can find that label, you could potentially add to completion message to state that it’s just about the object and not the course...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think the problem is that message is coming from Go1 and not under Docebo’s control right?

Go1 doesn’t give you any customization options right?

I guess I was just thinking if it is a 1:1 its not as misleading, as they did finish the course, theres just more to do on the learning plan which the learning plan pages make pretty clear.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Ah, the inevitable TLDR instructions challenge. Have you tried changing the very last verbiage in the HTML to something like “Click the next button on the right to acknowledge you understand and begin the first training module.”

Sometimes just putting the words ‘acknowledge’ in there makes people go back and read what they are agreeing to.

*edit* Also, making the instructions text larger than the image below gives a visual cue to importance. The eye is currently drawn to the image first. Unless that’s what you intended….

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lhubbard - thank you for the feedback.

The visual is doing what it should be doing (maybe not for the few peeps that go as fast as they could) ...there is always going to be one or two that just dont get it and that is why I put the pic in there.

I really dont like to come back to? “It is what it is”.

I am going to mull over @Bfarkas thought on it...LPs bring people in and out of things...and can have similar issues...but I am willing to try anything to resolve this until I can give Go1 a reasonable earful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So it is almost a year now and we are finding ourselves stuck with this experience.

I just got an earful on the learning experience being poor.

The highlight is that overall? Most people will not slow down to read….and when they get a note that they are done? They believe they are done.

If we make a course with an attestation experience two courses (essentially a learning plan) - the experience is “in and then out” from one learning object to the next.

BUT all of that said? I believe that the one place that we need to have budge is our content provider, and not a workaround with the platform. Anyone else finding this challenging?

I really think that changing our containership (from a course to a learning plan) will be a bad deal for everyone - but maybe I am overthinking it.