Best Answer

Import Questions into Question Bank Using GIFT

• 12 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, Docebo currently does not do this but need to confirm. Is it possible to upload test questions to the Question Bank using GIFT?

If not, what I find so odd about this, is when you import a GIFT file to create a test, you can assign the questions a category that is made in the Question Bank.

icon

Best answer by erin.brisson 28 January 2022, 19:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @msiegel just had a look and I do not believe this possible...it’s more the reverse...when you create your test you can push/add the questions to the Question Bank so if you use GIFT to import your tests you could then push all those questions to the Question Bank...this would certainly be a good enhancement to post to the Ideas portal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We’ve been working on our processes about questions and tests over the last week, and we’ve learned that depending on how and where you input they questions, it can come with many limiting factors for the overall process. For example, we’d be fine with importing tests, but you can’t assign a category to the questions this way. From what I can tell a GIFT format does have the option to add categories, but not within Docebo. I tried the script I found in Moodle, but nothing. Also tried exporting questions within a category and nothing. Importing the test, pushing them to the bank,  then manually adding each one to a category destroys what could be an easy process. Because we want the questions associated to a category, we are adding questions to the question bank individually, then building the tests with those questions in the bank. However, but doing this your edit and scoring options are restricted.  I agree, some enhancement in the ideas portal sound great. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI all, found these on the Ideas Portal you might want to vote on:

• Support GIFT file import directly to Test Bank LMS-I-2724
  • LMS-I-2911 Address shortcomings in Tests and Questions
  • LMS-I-1672 Bulk upload question bank
  • DL-I-1763 Ability to have categories for questions in a test, and not only in the question bank
  • DL-I-550 Question Bank mass import via csv/text file

and there are several more you vote on

Userlevel 3
Badge

• DL-I-1763 Ability to have categories for questions in a test, and not only in the question bank

Thanks, that was my next step to look for suggestions in the Ideas Portal to support.

Appreciate the confirmation and feedback from everyone!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

These links are no longer valid. I am guessing they are to the old Idea Portal. These are all great Ideas, but I don’t see them when I search ideas. Would love to know the status of them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Correct @dianex.gomez this post is from 6 months ago. Perhaps @erin.brisson can helps us locate these on the new board? It may that some were combined or not moved over. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thanks @lrnlab. These ideas were not part of the migration so thank you for creating this new idea @dianex.gomez. We’ll update the status on this idea after the team reviews. Don’t forget to give it a vote!

Userlevel 1

It’s been another year - any update on this functionality? Adding questions one by one is a frustratingly slow process.