Best Answer

Learning Plan Description multiple languages

• 18 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there a way to have multiple languages for a LP description? I need to show the LP description in English and French.  

icon

Best answer by Adam Ballhaussen 1 June 2021, 18:10

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Colleen Rafter,

What’s the aim adding the description of a specific LP in different languages?

In which language is the LP? If it’s in English, I would leave the description only in English and create a second LP with French content and add the description in French.

Do you know what I mean? :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Colleen Rafter it’s the same for courses...we have created ‘copies’ of courses and LPs in different languages and assigned them to their respective catalogues by language. It’s the only way I know of to manage courses & LP’s in different languages. As well, since there is no easy way to mix your content and have the LP marked as completed by way of completing a single, specific course, the duplicate LP is the best way I know how. Hope this helps

Userlevel 1
Badge

That’s what I figured.  I’m avoiding duplication for the sake of languages and to streamline when there are new classes or classes get updated.  The more classes and LP the more likely something is likely to be missed when updating.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrnlab and @Colleen Rafter if you’re facing challenges managing content in different languages, we will soon launch a new product called Docebo content hub. 

• DCH is a standalone cloud based, SCORM, AICC and xAPI compliant solution that will allow centralised content management and delivery while providing full version control and true localisation.
  • L&D Admins will be able to deliver content in many different languages through a uniform centralised content management which lowers admin effort and allows asynchronous multi-team work.

You can ask you account manager or CX POC for more details. :wink:

I hope this helps! :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jihane interesting...will this be generally available or is it a new service we’ll need to pay for?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrnlab It will be a new stand alone product, so it has an extra cost. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Colleen Rafter for now, you can only have one learning plan description per learning plan. As a result, I would recommend including both languages in the single learning plan description, one before the other. Alternatively, as @Jihane mentioned, you could alternatively create unique learning plans per language. 

If your goal is to avoid duplicating content that exists in different languages in your system, you could use course equivalencies to set two courses that have the same content but are in different languages as equivalent and include all of the courses (multiple languages) in a single learning plan. The learning plan description could then instruct learners that they only need to complete the learning plan in the language they prefer. This would ensure that you can report on completion of courses regardless of which language the learner completes and would hopefully eliminate the need to maintain multiple learning plans.

You could also use the central repository to simplify updating course content, allowing you to update all learning objects across multiple courses in a single location.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lrnlab It will be a new stand alone product, so it has an extra cost. 

@Jihane that’s too bad...the concept sounds great but hoping the cost is not prohibitive...if you are holding any previews or need BETA testers, etc. please include me. Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lrnlab I will let you know! :wink: