Question

Logic branching enrollment?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Does anyone do any king of Logic branching within a course or learning plan?

Suggestions on how I can do this? Can this be done with APIs (which I’ve never used)?

Issue:

Learner given 2 options to choose on how they will proceed, Option A would send them to a payment agreement, Option B would send them different information.

I could brake the options out into separate courses, and they choose their option (course) and complete the e-sig for that course (option).  This seems simple, but I know my learners, they are conditioned to complete ALL courses so they would agree to everything. Or if it is all in one course and they just have to select one option, they would still go through and do them all.

I am trying to find a solution where they select ONE option and then are ONLY provided the information and/or agreement for that one option only. In other words, I really want to make this dummy proof.

Simple solution I’ve come up with:

Create a course that sends them to a SurveyMonkey survey, use SurveyMonkey LOGIC to provide them the link to the appropriate course.  But I don’t like sending them out of docebo to send them back into docebo. Seems clunky. But it will work. 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tschoone - good afternoon.

Any chance you can leverage an external course authoring tool like Captivate or Storyline?

I ask, because that level of sophistication with a single SCORM file can be achieved.

You can use SCORM to do some fancier stuff too (if you look at the SCORM 2004 spec) where you send a person from one “course” (training material) to the next with it...but I will be the first to admit that I have not gone down that path.

But if you can capture it all in one place - if it can be one single experience - it runs a good chance of making your learners happy - and that is what I believe you are trying to achieve.

What it boils down to - it will depend on what you are looking to track in terms of training materials/learning objects/courses or learning plans and what you want Docebo to track for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@tschoone agree with @dklinger for something that is entirely contained within a single course...another option you may want to consider is to use Groups and Enrollment Rules where you can assign course B depending on the outcome of course A? We used this to also drive an automatic redirect to a new homepage based on the successful completion of a course. You can get pretty creative with these options if you look through all the spots where you can use Groups (Channels,, catalogues, menus, etc.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lrnlab brings up a good point. I would say really consider how many times you want people in and out with his approach. Groups/Enrollment Rules/Page can drive a neat experience for your folks.

It all comes back to that experience….(its a good thing we are in an LXP - lol).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Closest I got to this not in a course package was using a Qualtrics survey embedded into a course and page and the survey is able to do api calls back to docebo real time so would add a value to an additional field which enrolls the user into groups and courses and on the redirect of form submission brings them to the corrrect learning plan landing page which they were just enrolled into. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bfarkas wins some sophistication points with the API calls @tschoone.

Good luck with this one - let us know your outcomes!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I made a note I should document how this works in Qualtrics using the api, it’s a pretty cool setup that lets you do a lot. When I get home next week will write it up. 

Userlevel 1

I made a note I should document how this works in Qualtrics using the api, it’s a pretty cool setup that lets you do a lot. When I get home next week will write it up. 

Would love to see your write up on this :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Very soon, the series I am working on has this as a feature and is the next one to write.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Very soon, the series I am working on has this as a feature and is the next one to write.

Just started writing this one…..it is by far my favorite trick of anything….stay tuned!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Just started writing this one…..it is by far my favorite trick of anything….stay tuned!

Did you get around to writing this up? I’m trying to do something similar in a course we’re launching. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

:) I have, and I believe it is coming out today, or some day this week.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

<3 THANK YOU!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

<3 THANK YOU!

It just went up: