Is anyone else been experiencing problems with notifications in the last few weeks?
We have notifications sending at the wrong day/time or not all in at least one case.
We’ve reported this but are going round and round with support. They have acknowledged there was an issue but keep insisting it is fixed now but we keep spot checking and finding more issues. We have 65 different notifications with 125 courses and 583 active users. We can’t be micromanaging and checking every notification that is sent.
I’m curious if anyone else has experienced this?
It’s very worrying especially for ILT where timely notifications are essential.
I had the same issue and I contacted support to report the issue. They told me that my mail sender does not contain an SPF record. A Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record is a special type of Domain Name Service (DNS) record, which when applied, authorizes the usage of email addresses by a third party.
You can configure the SPF as an email authentication method to allow Docebo to send trusted emails on your behalf, to reduce the possibility of ending up in a recipient’s junk email folder.
You have more information here: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128019-Configuring-the-SPF-Email-Authentication-Method
@Rosalie thank you for chiming in. We do have a SPF record in place and it has been working for the past six months without issue. The support person indicated that there had been some changes made in the background and asked us to open and resave the notifications. We’ve done that but we’ve still had some issues for some notifications whilst others are sending fine which makes it even more confusing.
@aswartz, then it is better to notify docebo about this issue. As they have been actively working and improving certain things in the background, chances are that others got impacted in the wrong way.
@Rosalie as stated in the original message we are in contact with Docebo about this. I posted this to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issues.
@aswartz, I created three digest notifications in early December and none of them were triggered on the day/time I set them for. I opened a ticket with support but it was like going in circles as they attempted to find gotchas that weren’t the issue. Our SPF was configured correctly a year ago so that was not the issue and other notifications worked fine. The three digests were temporary and weekly so I stopped talking to support for my sanity and opted to trigger them manually which worked fine. One will become permanent soon so I will definitely want to automate it and hope it doesn’t have problems.
Anecdotally, it seems like their scheduled jobs just fail sometimes and getting a reason isn’t always easy.
I will say that delayed notifications are unfortunately nothing new and have been a problem since we started using the product a year ago. It has gotten much better but there were times when enrollment notifications could be delayed for multiple hours. I haven’t seen a very long delay in a few months on my end but I don’t have the bandwidth to monitor every notification via the account we CC on all of them.
I know my reply doesn’t offer anything helpful but I feel your pain and hope they can provide you a fix asap.
@hchewni - we are experiencing similar. It’s nice to have confirmation that it is not just us. Our notifications seemed to be working well until the last maybe 6 weeks? But it’s hard to say as we were not monitoring closely until we noticed some obvious mistakes.
Our support representative admitted that there had been a problem some time ago but they thought it was resolved but perhaps it is ongoing. He asked us to re-save all of the notifications (a big job!) and that this would solve it but we are still having issues since doing that.
I’ll update this thread if I learn anything else.
We have had problems in the past when notifications were being triggered the same time a large background job was running.
That is interesting that they are asking you to resave your notifications though, definitely a big job even if there are not a lot of notifications, because you have to click through each screen on the notification!
Hopefully you get some more information about what could be causing it.
A couple days ago, we had email notifications sent out to the entire company, instead of just the instructors and this notification that was sent out was not even associated with those courses mentioned in the email.
We could see what triggered the notification (users wanting to enroll in a session), but again the courses with those sessions weren't assigned to that notification. In total 4 of these email notifications sent out in less than an hour and at that point we turned off all our notifications.
We are currently waiting for Docebo to investigate the matter.