Best Answer

Why cant we Copy widgets?

• 10 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I know there is an idea already that says its unlikely to implement. Just curious as to why it is unlikely to maybe figure something out?

icon

Best answer by pmo 18 June 2021, 00:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@generic name Can you help me understand some situations where you’d want to copy widgets? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @pmo the first instance I have is that I made a page called links which is all the links our organization use that the SAs can see. We are in the process of creating individual pages for each department that all use some individual links or links shared throughout the company. We also will be creating individual pages for each manager of the departments as well.

next would be HTML widget and incorporating all the coding that was used in that widget or multiple widgets with coding.

In the future having a standard page we start with is our go to, but from there, there will be widgets that have been used in other pages that we would want to bring over using specific images or sizes etc...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks @generic name I can understand why you’d want to duplicate those HTML widgets. I’m not sure if this helps but you can duplicate pages so maybe an approach would be to capture the widgets you typically need to copy and when you’re building a new page you can just copy that page and then delete any widgets you might not need. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@pmo yea thats what I came up with as well to get around that, I sacrifice my basic layout with the images and links I need so that way I can keep all the HTML stuff. It still takes more time in the long run.  I absolutely love the widgets but maybe in the future at least SOME of the widgets can be copied even if its not all of them it would still save lots of time for some of the widgets that we have to invest time in. Thank you for your thoughts.