Best Answer

Webinar Series with Credits- Best Practice

• 15 December 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

New to Docebo and looking for examples or best practices to replicate a course offering we had in our previous LMS. 

We call it study hall- It is a drop in vILT session that happens twice a month. The sessions spend 30 min on a focused topic and then transition into a roundtable discussion for learners to collaborate and share. It has been very successful as a microlearning and engagement tool. 

I need to recreate it in Docebo and am very open in terms of format ( class, channel, whatever) as long as we can meet the following criteria:

1. Learners can see a full event schedule and register for as many of the microlearnings as they want.
  2. After the session, a recording is available for attendees and learners who did not attend.  
  3. Attending a live session provides the learner a CE credit, watching the recording does not.
  4. Visibility to register for the webinars or watch archived recordings is limited to a specific Docebo group.

Has anyone done something like this? The only thought I have had is to create a learning plan that contains 24 single session, single event ILT classes. As flexible as Docebo is, there feels like there should be a better way. 

The best example I have see to what we want is the events page in this community but with credits for attending them live. 
 https://community.docebo.com/events 

Thanks in advance

David Fox
He/him/his

icon

Best answer by Annarose.Peterson 3 January 2023, 14:29

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4

Following as I would like to hear responses too. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Not getting any answers on this here I am reaching out to my onboarding team. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think the closest I can think to get here is to basically create the single event sessions since you need them to be able to go to all of them, then you can setup to do the recording after but not have the recording give credit. I would also basically pre-enroll each session with the group and then lock the course using the ‘deadline for self enrollment” and just use the deadline date and set it to the day before you created so no one other than admins/instructors are able to enroll into it to keep it as only the group. 

Now, the annoyance here is that everyone in the group gets the invite to every session, but at the same time you might see an increase of regular attendance since they could all be on the users calendars in case plans change last minute and no need to go find the link to the course to register.

Definitely look into either import via CSV or using the API to make these events and it would be a pretty quick straightforward setup.

In one case I really needed a ‘registration form’ and not auto register all in the group and used a qualtrics front end to embed in a custom page which let them register, only if their user ID met criteria, and then used the API to enroll them on the backend - @Annarose.Peterson another example of a little qualtrics app.

Userlevel 5
Badge

thanks @Bfarkas that might could work.

I am still learning and trying to figure out how to make this all come together.

Can I issue multiple credits inside an ILT if a user attends multiple sessions?

Rather than pre-enrolling at the user level could I use a group enrollment rule to dynamically enroll /unenroll people?

Still trying to figure out CSV import The templates are… less than.  Any thoughts on a good resource for learning how to use them?

-D

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can I issue multiple credits inside an ILT if a user attends multiple sessions?

Rather than pre-enrolling at the user level could I use a group enrollment rule to dynamically enroll /unenroll people?

Weighing in on the questions above:

A user can only receive credit once per course shell.  So if you have multiple sessions in a single course shell the user will only have a single completion for the course shell. This is something that Docebo is working on to allow multiple completions of a course shell and hopefully it is being released soon.  So you might need to create a course shell per session if you want folks to receive credits for completing each session (at least until Docebo rolls out this update).

You can use an automatic enrollment rule to dynamically enroll users within a specific group into a course, but those rules cannot unenroll users from courses.  You would need to use APIs for that.

Also thank you @Bfarkas for the shout out on your Qualtrics example!

Userlevel 5
Badge

THANKS!!! Thinking I may move to badges or points instead. Do you know if you can offer points per session attended? Or a specific badge for attending a session? I don’t need accreditation as much as I need tracking in a way students can easily understand and find. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

THANKS!!! Thinking I may move to badges or points instead. Do you know if you can offer points per session attended? Or a specific badge for attending a session? I don’t need accreditation as much as I need tracking in a way students can easily understand and find. 

Not if you want it automatically, points can be based on course completion or training material completion. So unless you add a separate training material for each session and require them to do it, it would just give points the first session they complete that completes the course.

You could do a custom solve with some API work based on reporting, but a bit more elaborate.

Userlevel 5
Badge

thanks @Bfarkas would a short survey after each session get them points? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

thanks @Bfarkas would a short survey after each session get them points? 

In theory should work, except they’d have to do the survey, so be prepared for a lot of ‘I attended but didn’t get points’ support calls. Although, you have to specify the learning material, so someone has to go add it to the badge rules everytime, which means a new badge everytime? Seems like a lot of workarounds compounding.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Show me an LMS that isn’t all about Workarounds Compounding. That’s why we get the big bucks right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Show me an LMS that isn’t all about Workarounds Compounding. That’s why we get the big bucks right?

I’m all for workarounds, preach them al the time, but there is a line to them of good and not great, to me this is crossing that line, mostly because it seems like work to the user, the admin, and the support team, aka inconvenience to all. I’m lazy, look for workarounds that at least make someones lives easier :)