Success devloping custom notification email using BeeFree

• 10 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello all,

I’d like to share some success I have had creating custom notification emails with https://beefree.io/, and then porting these into Docebo. 

Below is a screenshot of an email that uses the [COURSE_LINK] shortcode, among others.  As our users access our platform via Single Sign-on/OKTA, all of the links used here take our users straight to the relevant content without the need to sign in.  

@james.buhagiar thought other Docebo customers might benefit from seeing this, so here it is!

Any questions, drop me a line.

Jon

9 replies

Userlevel 3

@jhill_wr Thank you so much for sharing this! I think it looks great and really hope others can see the potential of a well designed notification 🙌 

Userlevel 2

@jhill_wr thanks really useful! @Salvo I think this can be interesting also for you! 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@NadavSH I thought it could be interesting for you :) 

Userlevel 2

This looks great! I tried it but I must be doing something wrong. When I got the html code it didn't carry over a lot of my stuff. Is there something I am missing 

Userlevel 3

@jhill_wr Do you have any tips you can provide to @Ccorder? I know you mentioned a few tips/hacks when we spoke.

Userlevel 2

This looks great! I tried it but I must be doing something wrong. When I got the html code it didn't carry over a lot of my stuff. Is there something I am missing 

Hi @Ccorder - you need to export the email as HTML from BeeFree editor and ensure you copy and all of the code and paste it into Docebo’s email editor without losing any lines.  It you’re missing images from your email, this may be because on a free or basic BeeFree subscription you don’t have the hosting option that saves the images on the BeeFree server and pulls them through to your email.  A way around this is to change the URL of each image in your HTML, so pulls the images from your own (free) server.  You can do this in the BeeFree editor suite, or replace each href tag in the published HTML. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Ccorder - you need to export the email as HTML from BeeFree editor and ensure you copy and all of the code and paste it into Docebo’s email editor without losing any lines.  It you’re missing images from your email, this may be because on a free or basic BeeFree subscription you don’t have the hosting option that saves the images on the BeeFree server and pulls them through to your email.  A way around this is to change the URL of each image in your HTML, so pulls the images from your own (free) server.  You can do this in the BeeFree editor suite, or replace each href tag in the published HTML. 

Thank you, I bet that is exactly what is happening.  Ill try it again today! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @jhill_wr , I am trying to build a notification in BeePro (free), but am stuck with the button.  It all looks good in the editor, looks good on the preview of the notification, but then when it’s delivered to Outlook, the button shows only as the size of the text (basically like it’s highlighted and not an actual button.

How did you get yours to display correctly?

Thanks 

Hi @jhill_wr , I am trying to build a notification in BeePro (free), but am stuck with the button.  It all looks good in the editor, looks good on the preview of the notification, but then when it’s delivered to Outlook, the button shows only as the size of the text (basically like it’s highlighted and not an actual button.

How did you get yours to display correctly?

Thanks 

Hey @Neil Patterson,

This has been quite some time ago. I am running into the same issue and was curious if you have ever resolved this issue or if anyone got back with you to get a work around?