Skip to main content

How do you all manage your choice of languages for the users within the learning plan and or course curriculum. 

Hello @kbella ,

We think about language at the top of the experience. Our EE platform(s) are based on language so that we can set the specific language to the default language of the tenant. From there, everything else just become standard operating procedure.

The other part of language is culture. We don’t just translate the text of our courses; we consider how our business in played out in the particular country, and design the courses accordingly. The persons who complete English courses may have the same job requirements as someone who completes Spanish courses, but there will be differences other than just language. For example, an “equipment” course for our US English learners likely looks quite different than the equivalent course in LATAM Spanish learners.

As an administrator, I find this a much easier approach to managing language. Working on LATAM Spanish (or BR Portuguese, or EU Spanish or Italian) pages/menus, course catalogs, etc. I know that I have everything related to that language in one “spot”. The one challenge that I’ve had to adapt myself to is that things like catalog/LP/Course names/titles are all in language...not English. I’ve built myself some cues (like the course codes, keywords, categories, etc.) to help me navigate. Keeping an online translator close by helps too :-)

From your question, I think you are thinking about putting multiple languages into the same learning plan, or maybe even multiple training modules into the same course. The only way that I’d consider doing that is if the training material (aka SCORM file) contained the multiple translations with a language selector at the beginning of the course. Remember that the learner may not have sufficient skills to move between languages.

Anyway … my $.02 worth. Good luck!